Ok, I Stopped my HRT Before Surgery. When Can I Start Taking Them Again?

Ok, Drs here convinced me to stop taking my HRT before surgery...but when can I start back on them again?

May restart hormone therapy one week after surgery if all is going well

+2

If you are having a major elective plastic surgical procedure then it is wise to stop taking hormone replacement therapy for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery and for 1 - 2 weeks after surgery.   Estrogen will increase your risk for developing deep vein thrombosis.  The more risk factors that you can remove the safer the procedure.  

.HRT When Can I Start Taking Them Again?

+2

Once you are recovered and activity has returned to normal levels your risk of blood clots should be back to normal.  Depending upon your procedure one week is usually satisfactory. When plastic surgery patients are put on blood thinners for protection against clots, a week is the normal duration of treatment.

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery.

HRT and breast augmentation

+1

Assuming your only risk factors for DVT were age and HRT, resuming HRT after 2 weeks would be advisable.

Resuming Hormonal Therapy after Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question, but it is always best to check with your own plastic surgeon about resumption of medications and/or return to specific activities after plastic surgical procedures. Remember, your plastic surgeon knows  your history and exactly how you are progressing  after the surgical procedure.  The advice you receive from online consultants can be potentially confusing (and even dangerous).