Can my Oily Skin Slow Down my Recovery After Rhinoplasty?

I had an open rhinoplasty 5 weeks ago to remove a hump and refine the tip of my nose but now I can see my nostrils. my doctor said that my tip will go down about 3mm and that my nostrils will not show, but it's been 5 weeks now and it has not changed at all, will it go down? i have a very oily skin, could that affect my healing?

Rhinoplasty Recovery and Oily Skin

+1

Post -operative rhinoplasty swelling always resolves slower in patients with thick oily skin. The only treatment at present is to ask you to be patient. You should do fine.

Oily skin and recovery from nose job.

+1

Oily skin tends to be thicker and slower for resolution of swelling and less likely to reflect the underlying work that has been performed.