How to Improve Oily Skin on T-zone?

My forehead, and nose get very oily but when I use stuff for it on my whole face then my cheeks and chin get dried out.

Unfortunately, there are no perfect solutions for oily skin.

+1

This is a very common complaint. You can try using tretinoin 0.025-0.05% nightly in the T-zone area to possibly reduce oil production, but this is not a reliable treatment for this problem. Others have tried simply carrying around Benzoyl Peroxide pads to wipe down the area several times during the day, but again this is unreliable and doesn't correct the problem.

The only true way to correct or control this problem is to possibly do Accutane to constituently reduce sebum production. However, Accutane is not indicated for this sole purpose, so it may be hard for most doctors to justify giving you Accutane for that.

I would try getting a prescription for tretinoin and see how that goes. It's worth a first shot.

Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.