Oh..my..goodness... I Am 3 Weeks Post Thigh Liposuction and I Have a 'Crease'

I was looking at the back of my thighs in the mirror and on both thighs I have a 'crease' line as though someone's folded my skin like a sheet of paper then smoothed it out again. I am still lumpy beneath the skin but am worried as to why these creases are there... Are they because the lumps make them and will they go? Also- please tell me that the lumps will go too?? I am massaging a couple of times a day but they aren't reducing yet!

Crease after liposuction

+3

Did you have liposuction on the back of your thighs where you see the crease, or above on the buttock?  A crease could be from over-resection of fat, especially if the cannula was too superficial and removed a layer of fat right below the dermis, or removed to much from the dermis down to the muscle.  Finer creases could be from the seam or a fold of the compression garment. Other creases could be from the edge of the chair upon which you're sitting forming a temporary crease because the skin is swollen from the surgery and the fluid swelling holds that impression for a while.  See your surgeon to evaluate the cause of the crease.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/liposuction/index.html

Creases On The Back Of Thighs After Liposuction - What Do I Do?

+1

I am a big fan of post operative external ultrasound (the kind physical therapists use for sore muscles).  Any area that was liposuctioned will get inflamed and swollen, and at times, could lead to creases.  It is also possible too much fat was suctioned out.  Ultrasound done 2-3 times per week, for 4-6 times total per area, should answer the question within 2-3 weeks - was there too much fat resected or are you just swollen.  Ultrasound hastens the resolution of post operative swelling. 

If your plastic surgeon does not offer this modality of therapy, he or she can certainly refer you to a physical therapist in your neighborhood.  Don't give up hope.  It's early after liposuction and things always improve. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Creases after lipo

+1

Without photos and an exam none of us can give you a definite answer.  Could be too much fat removal in the wrong area, a poor binder or normal healing. It is early and good massage and possible ultrasound treatments may be very helpful. Allow a minimum of three months for all swelling to resolve. Talk with your surgeon and be patient.

Crease in skin after liposuction

+1

Is it possible that the crease you're seeing is where the garment might have dug into the skin?  Make sure your garment fits properly, and if it doesn't bring it to the attention of your surgeon.

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

+1

Very early in your healing. But it is possible these "creases" could be permanent. Start lymphatic massages, external ultrasound to area. Best of luck. 

Creases after liposuction

+1

Being that you are three weeks post-liposuction several things may be going on.  You may have differential swelling, the garment may be indenting in this region, or you may have over and or under resection in the surrounding region.  You should be evaluated by your doctor.

Liposuction

+1
The first thing you should look at is to see if the garment is the cause of the crease. If it is that can be a relatively easy solution. Massage is reasonable and time while tell you the final result. Be patient

Three weeks after liposuction is too early to make a definitive assessment of outcome

+1

Three weeks after liposuction is far too early to determine the final outcome of the procedure. Typically, you should wait at least 6 months when most of the inflammation/swelling has subsided.

Photos would be helpful to better visualize what you are describing. However, it sounds like indentations that you are seeing and, if so, they may represent areas of too much fat removal. Massaging on occassion may be helpful in lessening their extent but ultimately, you may need some localized fat injections to improve these areas. Again, I would recommend waiting at least 6 months before making that determination.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Pictures will help us to give you better advise

+1
The reason for the crease is too much liposuction. You may need fat grafting and sooner better than later before scar builds up. You may also benefit from Endermologie treatment twice a week or deep lymphatic message.
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon