Tear Trough Region HORRIBLE After Rhino. Conflicting Opinions on How to Treat. 9-months Post-op (Open Septo/rhino)?

Under eye area destroyed from rhinoplasty. Have you heard of this? Dorsum/dorsal septum over-resected; inverted-v w/nostril collapse.Tear troughs deep, dark, puffy. I got Juvederm to try to help. PS didn't do inner corners-he wanted to avoid nasal region due to spring revision. I still look like a hound dog. One PS suggested belly fat transfer. Another suggested lower eyelid surgery;said fat transfer wasn't worth it for such a small area. Thoughts? I'm 37 & running out of $. (Photos on other ?s)

Under eye area damaged from rhinoplasty

+2

It is hard to ascertain the exact problem and solution without pictures. For the under eye area, and for the problem as described, I agree that fat transfer will be useful, but probably should be done with a lower lid blepharoplasty with fat transposition (not removal) and orbiculus muscle tightening.

Good luck!

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Tear trough worsened after rhinoplasty

+1

A photo is necessary to better evaluate your problem. Lower eyelid tear trough area may worsen after rhinoplasty due to osteotomy although it is controversial. Filler injection in the tear trough is usually the best option although lower blepharoplasty may be useful depending on your specific eyelid cheek anatomy. See an oculoplastic specialist.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial issues after rhinoplasty

+1

Sorry to hear that your rhinoplasty did not go well for you and you are unhappy with the way your eyes look.  It is best to go for an exam to properly be evaluated.

Options to correct nasal deformity post operative problem

+1

I am trying to visualize your current situation from your description but a photograph would be worth a thousand words.  It is possible that the nasal bones were altered in such a way to give you this distortion.  If you had a large dorsal hump prior to surgery and it was over resected it can leave something called an open roof deformity, where the nasal bridge and dorsum is flat.  If your skin is thin in this area you may be seeing a nasal collapse.  If the septum was over resected you could have a saddle nose deformity.   If you had severe bleeding following the surgery and extensive ecchymosis it may be changing the shape of your lower eyelid tissue but this would not be expected to be permanent.  Please submit a photo so we can give you some direction.  

Options after horrible rhinoplasty

+1
There are very many options if you are unhappy with your rhinoplasty, though unfortunately cost can be a problem. Photos would be helpful to give you more specific information, and a second opinion in your local area would be best.

Bad rhinoplasty options.

+1

I need to see photos of your nose and tear troughs to give a proper answer. The instructions are on the website. Otherwise I would be guessing.