Scarring Tissue Grown by Expanders Can Reduce or Make Less Visible? How? Asymmetrical Breasts After Reconstruction (photo)

I am patient with latissimus dorsi reconstruction, but expand when breast tissue, scars got bigger, there way to make them smaller with surgery?, or other options that I have, because the scars are very large, and not only in the breast if not back to where it was taken the flap. I have my implants, but I'm not happy with the result because my breasts are asymmetrical, and I have to use a filler to make them look good. I am very uncomfortable with jacket always, I have 22 years

Scarring Tissue Grown by Expanders Can Reduce or Make Less Visible? How? Asymmetrical Breasts After Reconstruction

+1

Dear Liz; Sorry for the issues. But in breast reconstruction or any reconstruction scarring and asymmetry can occur. You must understand the reconstruction adds quality to your life, there is or was no promise that your result would be perfect. But additional reconstructive and scar revisions options exist. Seek ,ore second opinion in person evacuations. Regards from MIAMI 

Breast reconstruction

+1

Obivously you do not scar well, but it does not mean a scar revision can not be attempted.  There is significant asymmetry and fold mismatch which probably can be adjusted. Good luck.

Asymmetry and Scars After Flap reconstruction

+1

You have significant asymmetry in shape and size, and the scars are prominent and red.

You need to work with your surgeon.  Timing is important.

I think that a different permanent implant with scar revision at the same time is in order.  Also, you may require modification of the implant pocket. 

Reconstruction is difficult, takes time, and multiple procedures.  Don't get discouraged.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD