What a Realistic Idea of Cost for a Breast Lift in Ohio or Washington DC? Is Your Chest Drastically Smaller After a Lift?

After losing 60lbs my chest is in need of a lift. I went from a 38G to a 32F/G (depending on the bra). I had a consultation once and was told an anchor lift would be best. I'm curious as to an idea of how much that would cost in the Ohio/DC areas and was wondering how much breast tissue you generally lose in a lift procedure. I'm not interested in implants (b/c of the lifetime maintenance issue) but as I've always had a larger chest, even lifted, I don't want to be any smaller than I am now.

Breast Cup Size after Breast Lifting?

+2

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be proud of this accomplishment.

Generally speaking, discussing breast cup size can be a significant source of miscommunication. In my experience,  breast lifting will change the position of the breasts on the chest wall;  even though no breast tissue is removed,  this change in position may result in a patient fitting a different cup size better.

As you think about breast surgery, I would suggest that you not communicate your goals based on achieving a specific cup size. Rather, show your plastic surgeon what you would like to look like after the procedure is performed and ask him/her whether your goals are realistic.

Make sure you seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients  in your situation.

Is Your Chest Drastically Smaller After a Lift?

+2

The amount of tissue removed during a breast lift should be very small--a tablespoonful or so (15 cc) from each side. The size in a bra should not change. I would add that often sagging breasts appear larger than they are. This may not work with large amounts of sagging, but by lifting an arm overhead while the other is at your side, the "lifted" breast usually appears smaller.

Prices vary patient to patient, surgeon to surgeon, and geographic area to area. The kind of lift you would need in the Seattle area would run about $8000. Realself has actual prices paid for breast lift in your region, although the nature of each patient's lift is not documented!

All the best. 

Breast Lift Size and Cost

+2

Only skin is removed during a breast lift, which is negligible in terms of mass.  Thus, the breast size will be virtually the same.  An anchor lift will probably cost at least $7000.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA