No Lift Only BA, is It Possible?

I do not want a lift, but want a BA. I am 30yrs old 5ft 4inches, 112lbs. I do not want a nipple lift. What are my surgical options? Thank you!

Breast Implants Without Breast Lift Is Possible

+4

Thank you for your question. You are thin and fit with attractive natural looking breasts.

You do have some degree of Breast Ptosis or sag. The "textbook answer" is that a breast lift combined with sub muscular placement of breast implants is the appropriate answer to your question.

However most patients like yourself do not want the scarring associated with the breast lift procedure, which is understandable.

A sub glandular (under the breast gland not under the chest muscle) breast augmentation can be done which will create fuller breasts for you and should give you a nice result. If you decide later that you want a lift, that can be done.

Understand that most plastic surgeons today prefer to place the implant beneath the muscle. This cannot be done when the breast is sagging because the muscle would hold the implant high and can push the nipple down into a "snoopy deformity"-this should be avoided in your case.

Do not use overly large implant instead of having a lift

+2

Thank you for your question and providing the photographs.  It is hard to tell without examining you in person and taking some measurements.  In some situations I have been able to avoid a lift using a shaped implant in the subglandular position but without examining you in person it cannot be known if this would be appropriate for you.  One word of caution.  If your plastic surgeons recommends a lift, there is a reason for this.  Do not use an overly large implant to compensate for not having a lift; in my experience, in the long run you most likely will not be happy with an overly large implant.  Hope this helps.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

No Lift Only Breast Augmentation, is It Possible?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although “official” recommendations would necessitate in person consultation, I think that you should do well with breast augmentation surgery only.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering     breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Breast augmentation without lift

+2

In your case, breast augmentation (without doing a lift) is certainly possible. The most important aspect of this would be what your expectations of the result would be, as you would still have some "droop" or ptosis of your breasts. The best way for you to visualize this would be to review photos (from your surgeon) of other patients with a similar configuration, who had the same procedure. That way you can be relatively confident that your expectations will match what your surgeon can do, using only implants. Good luck!

Matthew Concannon MD

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation without lift

+2

Great question. Because your nipples are well positioned on your breasts you should have no problem getting a great result with implants only. Take time to find a plastic surgeon who will thoroughly assess your breasts and choose an implant that will best fit you.

Justin West, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation without Lift

+2

It is hard to determine from your pictures exactly how much droop you have.  However, it appears that it is minimal.  If this is true, a breast augmentation done subglandularly instead of under the muscle can usually provide you enough nipple elevation that you will have a good cosmetic result without the incisions necessary for a lift.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

No Lift Only BA, is It Possible?

+2

Yes, you can still get a breast augmentation, but your breasts will sit low on your chest. You can get a lift later if you desire. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

No Lift Only BA, is It Possible?

+1

Appears as you have pseudo ptosis. Thus a larger implant copuld be recommended like in the 400 cc range or more. Best to seek IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSs in your city/..