Dog Ears or Swollen? (photo)

Just had procedure on Monday 8/26. Did breast lift FTT and lipo to flanks and saddlebags - my surgeon has me only wearing the compression garment on my thighs for now- didn't want too much pressure to worry about killing skin on stomach- go back for post op Tuesday. Not trying to jump to a quick conclusion just curious on a professionals first opinion. Thanks!!

Two days post op is way too early to make any determinations about results

+2

So far, I think your results look fine. I see what you are concerned about, but I think this will resolve with time. Two days after the operation is when you have to greatest swelling.  It should decrease with time. 

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Dog Ears or Swollen?

+1

It is simply too early to discriminate due to swelling.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Early Abdominoplasty Results

+1

At two days after surgery it would be impossible to predict whether the tail of your abdominoplasty incisions are puffy because of swelling or are dogears. This answer will be evident by three months after surgery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Too early to judge result after an abdominoplasty

+1

At this point you look fine and the bulges that you are noticing along the lateral flank could just be swelling.  You will need to re-assess this area in 3 - 6 months before you are able to judge the final result.  

Dog ears after tummy tuck

+1

At this early date it can be hard to tell if there is swelling or a fullness or dog ear at the end of your incision after your tummy tuck. We don't have any evidence that the compression garment will cause skin loss, but with or without results will be the same over time.

Dog Ears or Swollen?

+1

You look great and I think the area you are talking about is just swelling due to the liposuction. I don't like a garment right away for the very same reason.The best opinion you can get is from your PS.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Dog Ears or Swollen?

+1

Swelling for certain. Too soon to tell about dog ears, and not enough seen on the photos to make any kind of assessment. All the best. 

Swelling

+1

There is no question you have swelling. Best to follow up with your PS and follow your instructions. Way,way too early to assess results

Michael Hueneke, MD