Crooked Septum Post Op?

I had a septorhinoplasty 1+ year ago and since about a week post op, my septum has seemed to slant in one direction (was symmetrical before surgery) causing my nose to look crooked. I'm seeking correction of that, as well as further refinement. My surgeon wants to perform a revision, but I'm weary. I'd like more symmetry and refinement, but is this a difficult procedure to correct? And is it realistic? backround info: I have very thick, oily skin. Surgery included no grafts to my knowledge.

Crooked nose after SeptoRhinoplasty

+1

Indeed your noose is crooked to the left seen  on the basal view photo.  It is OK to undergo a revision, since it has been 1 year from the original surgery.  Straightening this out will be kinda tricky, so make sure you surgeon has lots of experience in revision rhinoplasty and have realistic expectations 

Crooked Nose after Septorhinoplasty

+1

The base view does show that your septum is deviated. This can be corrected with a revision. Your thick skin will not interfere with straightening your nose. I would want to examine you to determine if other corrections besides the septal position would  to be necessary. Your goals are realistic.   

Crooked nose after septorhinoplasty

+1

your nose is crooked, tilting to your left.  most obvious on the worms eye view but also eveident on frontal photos.

the solution to this is generally secondary septorhinoplasty.

these are complex procedures.  make sure you go to someonewho is experienced

be prepared for the possibility of grafting from your ear or ribs if your septal cartilage was discarded in the first procedure.  depending on who did your first surgery you may have enough still in your spetum to use for the secondary

good luck

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty with septoplasty

+1

Your nose is crooked.  Pre-op pictures would be helpful.  Revision surgery should be able to correct this, primarily by adjusting the relationship of the left and right lower lateral cartilages.  Your surgeon should be able to explain exactly what would be done so it makes perfect sense (using anatomy texts or drawings as needed).  If you have any doubts get another opinion form a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience doing secondary rhinoplasty.  Be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can gauge the surgeon's expertise.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Rhinoplasty issue

+1

I do see your concerns. I think that preop photos would have been helpful especially the worm's eye view.  If you are unhappy, a revision may be possible. Best to be seen in person.