What Could Cause my Nose to Look Like This? I Am So Embarrassed. 6.5 Months Post-op, Open Septo/rhino (Photos)

Last time I saw my surgeon, he said this looked good. Not sure what he was looking at. What went wrong? (Osteotomies, spreader graft, dorsum shaved, alar rim graft, tip work, tip graft.) In addition to what you see, I get a long crease under nose when smiling. I also can't breathe out of the right side-nostril collapses when breathing. Can I still get this thing narrowed AND improve breathing? It's now much wider, shorter, upturned & distracting. Can I still get a nose that's sleek and refined?

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

Hi Real,

You can have revision rhinoplasty to correct your nasal deformities.  You appear to have an "inverted V deformity" where the nasal bones meet the nasal cartilages.  It appears that you may have an "open roof deformity" where your nasal bone was reduced, but the osteotomies failed to close the gap between the bone edges.  Your breathing difficulties can also be addressed at the time of revision surgery.  Choose your revision rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Rhinoplasty Revision ??

+1

Your nose has numerous issues that now give it more poor shape and lack of smooth and harmonious flow from one part to the other. The nasal dorsum is too low and wide, the middle vault is pinched and the tip is slightly overrotated and wide. While I don't think much will change in the next few months, this would be a good time to seek out consults on what a revision would entail and consider it at one year after your original surgery. You could get significant improvement with a revision.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Desperately seeking nasal revision

+1
Something is a bit off with your rhinoplasty and much of it comes from over reduction of the bridge of the nose and over rotation of the tip. At seven months after your procedure it is unlikely that things will get better and it may be the right time for opinions for a secondary rhinoplasty. Choose carefully.

Revison Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Yes there are some major issues with your nose. On the profile you have a pollybeak deformity, bulbous tip and an inverted V deformity. You can have a nice sleek shape if you desire but you have to find a competant revision rhinoplasty surgeon. You can also send your pics to the link below and I can image your pics to see what you nose can look like.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

I have to agree with the two previous posts.  There is definitely evidence of an inverted V deformity and a relatively over-resected nasal dorsum.  This is in the "highly probable" category for a revision, although it is best to wait at least 1 year prior to undergoing further surgery.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Inverted-V deformity after rhinoplasty

+1

I think unfortunately you have little chance of achieving the nose you want without a revision surgery down the line.  It seems that your surgeon "shaved" (over-resected) too much of the dorsum and dorsal septum, and did not place spreader grafts with enough integrity to maintain the structure of your middle vault (middle 1/3 of your nose).  The middle third of your nose is collapsing, resulting in the so-called "inverted-V" deformity.  Give it a year to heal before you attempt a revision, but with a specialist experienced in revision rhinoplasty you should be able to achieve the results you were envisioning in the first place.   

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Result 6.5 Months Post Septorhinoplasty

+1

Your nose is too rotated (i.e. too short), the profile scooped out, deviated with wide nasal bones, and what we call an inverted V deformity. A revision will be necessary, but wait another 3-4 months for complete healing after your original procedure. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will improve your nose and achieve a natural result.