Please Recommend an Expert on Breast Implant Removal in the Ohio Area?

I'm 58 years old. I had Silicone Breast Implant surgery 27 yrs. ago. Implants were placed behind muscle wall. Been having some pain in my left breast. My doctor ordered an ultrasound and CT scan because of a lump under my arm. The results is suspected rupture.

What am I looking at in the way of surgery, recovery time, and cost to have them removed? Could you recommend a topnotch, reputable cosmetic surgeon experienced in removal of implants in my area of Ashland, KY, Huntington, WV, Cincinnati, OH, or Columbus, OH. Any and all information is much appreciated.

Finding a Qualified Plastic Surgeon in Your Area

+1

Best bet is to find a board certified Plastic Surgeon who is a member of the American Society for Aeshthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or the American Society for Plastic Surgery (ASPS) near you home. I have provided links below to make it easy for you to find a well qualified plastic surgeon near your home that is familiar with implant removal

Web reference: http://www.surgery.org/consumers/find-a-plastic-surgeon,http://www1.plasticsurgery.org/find_a_surgeon/

Breast Implant Removal in the Ohio Area

+1

Surgical fees will vary considerably from physician to physician even in the same city. The ASPS website is a good starting point for qualified board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. Lawrence Kurtzman and Dr. Robert Hummel in Cincinnati are possibilities. Consult 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options.

Finding Surgeon?

+1

I agree that you need to do your research and choose a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (not cosmetic surgery) and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  From here, you know you are selecting from qualified surgeons.  You need to meet with the surgeon, see many examples of their work and talk to patients about their experience with the surgeon and the staff.  If there is a way to speak to and meet patients who have undergone a similar procedure, that is usually very useful.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Surgeons in your area

+1

To find a board certified surgeon in your area, you should start out at the ASPS or ASAPS websites .  The fees will certainly vary.

Breast Implant removal expert

+1

Dear Maria52,

Sorry to hear about your predicament.

Having breast implants last 27 years is a GREAT run and I think most plastic surgeons would agree you did well with them (After all do you still own the car you drove 27 years ago?).

Also, do not fret about the surgeon. Your best recourse is to check the surgeon referral feature at the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (www.plasticsurgery.org). All you have to do is enter your zip code and you will be provided with a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.

See several of them and see which one you like best. You Will have to decide if to remove the implants permanently (in which case your breasts MAY need to be lifted) or be replaced with either saline or gel implants. If you have your original implant data that would be VERY helpful in picking a similar size implant.

Don't worry. All of us have seen many cases such as yours. It is fixable.

Good Luck.