Can I go bigger? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation on September 3, 2013. I had a planned on going with 350-400cc HP or extra HP depending on the size he could fit, because my BWD is small. He could only put in 325 & 300cc hp silicone. He said it was because my chest muscles were so much tighter than he thought they would be. Since the muscles are stretched now from the implants, can I get bigger ones? I'm 4 months post op, can it wait till I'm a year out and see? I was hoping going with extra HP silicone 350-400cc.

Don't get bigger breast implants

+2
Thank you for your question photograph.  Your breast already look overly Baig stretched and distended in my opinion.   If you go larger he will not only looked deformed but the risk of complications increases significantly.

Going bigger with breast implants

+1
At this point, it's probably okay going with larger implants.  However, I'd need to see you first to give you an exact answer.  The size your asking for sounds pretty reasonable and it looks like you can get some nice results!  Thanks for your question.

Dr. Schreiber

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Breast implant - Changing or increasing the size of the implants

+1
If you are requesting larger breast implants, the skin seems to have stretched to accomodate your breast implants and may thus accomodate a larger implant. It would be safe to undergo at this stage. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Can I go bigger after breast augmentation?

+1
Good advice would necessitate in person examination and an assessment of your body dimensions and specific goals. In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures helpful during this communication process. Based on the photographs you have provided, it does not appear that there is much space to go significantly larger with breast implants. Be careful with your decision-making; sometimes, best to leave well enough alone as opposed to risking complications… Best wishes.

3 months for implant exchange

+1
Coagulations, you look like you have had a very good result after breast augmentation.  I use three months as an appropriate amount of time to wait for implant exchange in general.  You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon, otherwise seek a second opinion with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in implant exchange.  It's quite reasonable to go up 100 cc for a noticeable difference

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Bigger Implants

+1
Bigger is not always better..... They may look great initially, but long-term the bigger you go, the more tissues stretch and thin.  Implants can then bottom out making your nipple/areolas drift up too high.  Your breasts look good now, don't mess with a good thing. 

However, if you insist on going larger, be aware that you won't see much difference going only 25-50 cc larger.  In my experience, you have to go at least 100 cc larger to make it worthwhile to undergo the cost and discomfort of more surgery.  That much larger would almost certainly give you problems long-term with bottoming-out.

Matthew L. Romans, MD
Salinas Plastic Surgeon

The sky is not the limit

+1
The FDA has put a limit of 800cc on silicone gel implants in the United States.  Tissue does stretch and there are mechanical limitations due to the muscle and the tissue strength.  Larger implants have higher complication rates and cause permanent changes to your body including thinning of the tissues and muscle and even indentation of the ribs with time.  It also imparts a mechanical change due to the increased weight with shoulder strap dents, pulling of the shoulders and neck and neck and shoulder strain (similar to symptoms we see for breast reduction patients).  The goal is to achieve the shape that patients want, while limiting the risks. Every patient has different requirements based on body type. So the real question is how big is enough?