Big Enough for my Body? (photo)

my PS told me my ribcage is narrow 30" and there was another measurement of 10", not sure what that was?So, he said he was giving me the high profile implant. I'm looking for A round "fake" look. I wanted to go to a full D cup, but he said because of my small size he can't do it. He said he will give me a 300cc hp implant.I'm currently a 32 small b cup. Should I go with silicone or saline? Does saline have a shorter recovery time? Do you think 300cc will make me a full c- small d cup?

Breast Implants for small chest size

+2

Choosing a correct size breast implant depends on a number of factors. Certainly the total volume or cup size you desire is the largest factor but next most important is the breast base diameter. Surgeons generally measure this in centimetes (cm) and it usually is somewhere between 11 and 14 cm. At 10 cm you certainly have a "narrow" chest size. I would guess that an implant of 300 cc (for your chest size) would take you up about two cup sizes or just less. A high profile implant, either in front of or behind the muscle would be an appropriate choice both in terms of look desired and in matching chest size diameter. Trying on sizers (not actual implants) is an important factor that helps most of our patients. Remember that it is the bra manufacturer and not the surgeon or patient who determines the "cup" size in a bra. Not all manufacturers agree on a cup size. For instance, a Victoria Secret bra will often say you are a cup size larger than an apropriately fitting bra from another maker. Good luck!

"Fake" look in Breast Augmentation

+2

I do not agree that you "can't do" a certain size of implant.  Any breast can accommodate any size implant.  I DO agree that high profile will look better on you if you are currently a 32 B so that most of the breast is projecting forward rather than to your sides.  A lower profile means a wider implant.  I am guessing that a 300 cc implant will make you a C.  If you want to be a full D, I would choose a larger implant.  Generally speaking saline provides a "faker" look.  If you want an even "faker"/rounder look, the implant should be placed under the breast and above the muscle.  You have a higher chance of capsular contracture this way (bad scar forming around the implant) but it will achieve the look you want.  Good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

It seems that you will need more than 300cc to obtain a full D.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Big Enough for my Body?

+1

Neither the reported measurements nor the photos are of much help in offering a suggestion. A high profile implant will more than likely give you the look you want. There are no fixed definitions of cup size, so there is not much use in making sizing predictions. Try on implants and see how they look. Your surgeon seems to be wisely cautioning against implants that are too large for you.

All the best. 

Big Enough for my Body?

+1

First the posted photos are totally useless! Second best to obtain a few IN PERSON consults from boarded PSs in your city. 

Implant choices

+1

Saline and silicone implants both have their pluses and minuses. As for volume, it is best to be evaluated in person. Do a baggy test at home to see if you like the volume.

Implant Size

+1

I recommend going through a sizing process. Try on implants and if your PS offers Vectra 3D imaging do that as well. I can't say without knowing your height, weight etc...if you should go HP or not. Quite frankly, I never choose size for my patients because they all want something different.  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

I don't know why patients want a "fake" look after breast augmentation.

+1

Your chest wall can support a variety of sizes understanding that different projections for the prostheses are available. While you want artificial look escapes me and I'm not sure your plastic surgeon can guarantee that it will turn out this way.

Big Enough For My Body?

+1

Without an exam, it is difficult to comment.  300 cc will not give you a D breast.  Try on sizers in your Plastic Surgeon's office as you discuss volume.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Please send pictures without bra

+1

The size of the implants will depend on the breast tissue , chest wall, nipple size and position, nipple to the fold distance,skin quality and surgeons experience. Please send pictures without bra for better answers. 300 cc will not give full D breast.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon