Can Belotero Smooth Results from Juvederm in the Tear Trough Region?

Hi! Recently had 1/2 syringe of Juvederm placed under each eye. PS says I need another whole syringe of Juvederm-no noticeable improvement. Since the injection, I have little bulgy scoops under both eyes when I smile. Worried that more Juvederm will worsen the effect. I've since learned of Belotero, which can be placed more superficially. Could layering Belotero over the Juvederm help fill the troughs while minimizing the bulges? I don't want to chase a problem with more problems...

Belotero versus Juvederm under the Eye area

+1
Juvederm is a very thick hyaluronic acid and it is long lasting - as much as a year.  However, it is not the ideal product for the under eye area.  I much prefer Belotero since it is such a finer hyaluronic acid and yields much better results for such delicate areas such as under your eyes or around the mouth.

Can Belotero smooth results from Juvederm in the tear troughs?

+1

Belotero is much softer than Juvederm, making it a more forgiving product in the tear trough area. It is ideal for use under thin skin because it lays smoother. I have found that because Juvederm is more cross linked, it is a firmer product and can show any contour irregularities. Belotero may be a better choice for the tear troughs. The question is whether to layer it over the existing Juvederm or remove the Juvederm and replace it with Belotero? Unfortunately without seeing you, I cannot make that decision for you. Good Luck!

Sam Naficy, MD

Belotero for Tear Troughs

+1

Traditionally, the tear trough region (hollowing beneath the eyes) can cause patients to look aged and tired. The skin of the lower eyelid and cheek is very thin and succeptible to contour irregularities if the surgeon is not experienced in treating this area. Belotero can be placed more superficially and is a fantastic product to smooth out the lower eyelid hollowing which will give the eyes a more rested appearance. Belotero can also be layered and used in combination with juvederm to fine tune and fill more superficial lines. You should discuss with your physician whether this is would be a good option for you. 

Scott Farber, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Belotero on top of Juvederm

+1

Belotero can definitely be layered on top of an area treated with Juvederm.  You are correct, in that Belotero can be placed more superficially than Juvederm.  The question is, whether using Belotero in this manner, would be a good treatment strategy for you or not?  This is something you should discuss with your treating physician.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon