Am I a Good Candidate for a Second Breast Reduction? (photo)

I had a breast reduction 10 years ago and my breasts have grown a lot. I am back to having back pain, neck pain and shoulder grooves. One breast is much bigger than the other also. I would need approval from my insurance. I am currently a 36-38DDD/F for the big boob. I think the smaller boob is around a DD if that. I would like to get down to a C cup if possible.

Secondary Breast Reduction - Finding the Best Plastic Surgeon

+1
From your description, problems related to your breasts and photos it would appear that you would be a good candidate for a secondary Breast reduction. Secondary Breast reductions can be tricky. Go to the best and most qualified board certified plastic surgeon you can find. I recommend that you look at the below link of how I would find the best plastic surgeon in your area. I would also look on the web sites of plasticsurgery.org and surgery.org to find board certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Web reference: http://drnichter.com/find-best-plastic-surgeon-dr-right/

Am I a Good Candidate for a Second Breast Reduction?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Yes, based on the picture and description of goals, I think you may be a good candidate for repeat breast reduction surgery. If possible, retrieve a copy of your previous operative report, which will be helpful to your surgeon.

Also, make sure that you communicate your goals carefully with your plastic surgeon. The use of terms such as “C cup” may be confusing and a source of miscommunication. I find that the use of goal pictures are very helpful during the communication process.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

+1

Yes, based on the information you provided, a second breast reduction is possible. Please discuss with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Secondary breast reduction

+1

A secondary breast reduction certainly is possible. It would be nice to know the technqiue used for the original surgery to help minimize the risk of wound problems for  your secondary procedure.