Im 5'8 165lbs 36A Will 400-425 Cc Behind Muscle Be to Big Just Wanting C Cup?

Wanting a natural look not the Im a "stripper look"?

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile to Achieve C Cup?

+2

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

The right size for you.

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Without this information or a personal consultation it is impossible for me to decide what implant you can have. I would suggest trying sample implants in the office to get a better idea on what works best with your frame. Pictures of desired results may also help your surgeon get an idea of what you would like to look like.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Choice of implant size

+1

Those implants are in the range of what I would expect would give you the results you desire. That being said, sizing is best done with physical examination and measurements as well as trial of sizer implants in a bra.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Re: not the

+1

It is difficult to tell exactly what you will look like but I think typically a person of your size will end up approximately a full C-cup to D-cup with those size implants.  I don't think this will make you look like a "stripper" per se; rather, I think this will likely give you the fullness you want especially at 5'8". Best of luck!

Gregory Baum, MD
Syracuse Plastic Surgeon

Difficult to guarantee size

+1

One of the hardest things to guarantee is exact cup size. Hopefully your plastic surgeon has discussed with you how they go about choosing implant sizes. Everyone has an ideal fill volume based on their base diameter and their tissue characteristics. Discussing your concerns with your surgeon will help guide them in choosing the appropriate implant. It sounds like this will not be a problem for you since you don't want to appear too large. I think that you should look at the surgeon's pictures and get a feel for outcomes. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Wants a C Cup Size

+1

Hi,

• Bra cup sizes vary from brand to brand, so a final cup size can't be promised.
  • Having said that, for your body frame a 400-425 cc implant will probably be in a C cup range.
  • I suggest you review lots of before and after pictures to find the breast size you like. Be sure and find pictures of patients who are similar to your height, weight, and breast shape.

Thanks for your question and good look!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

A to C cup 400 cc Too Big for Implants in Breast Augmentation

+1

For a taller woman, it would be unusual for 400 cc to make you larger than a C cup.  In general, 200 cc to 250 cc may be needed for a one cup size increase.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Will 400-425 Cc Behind Muscle Be too Big Just Wanting C Cup?

+1

Hopefully you will have an opportunity to try on implants of that size to get an idea of what they will look like. There are no fixed definitions of cup size, so using that as an end point is not particularly helpful. Concentrate on the appearance goal, and then get a bra that fits. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.