550 Cc's Good for Me? (photo)

Wanting to get high profile, under the muscle silicone implants crease incision. I'm 5'3ish 140 pounds. Will 550cc's look good for my body frame? I've heard from just a couple people that i should get a lift now and get it done with..I really don't think at this time i need one! Maybe down the road, but would high profile help this slight droop? Also does it cost more the higher in cc's you get? im in ohio what is the round about pricing for what im looking for? Thank you for your time!

Natural Looking Breast Implants

I have never understood the desire on the part of patients or physicians (especially physicians) to create unnaturally large breasts. I see 'before and after' photos at plastic surgery meetings and I almost always find myself asking the question: What's the `big' idea?
I view breast augmentation as more than a breast enhancement surgery. It is a total body contouring surgery, and the breast profile that one creates with implants should match a patient's overall figure. It should appear completely plausible that the breasts have not been surgically enhanced. I want for my patient's appearance to make others think "Wow - what a great figure", not "I wonder who her plastic surgeon is".
Over and over I hear patients remark, after reviewing some of our `before and after' photos, that they had no idea that a breast augmentation could look so natural. It can, and in my opinion it should. Having practiced plastic surgery in the 'breast augmentation capital of the world' (Los Angeles), and having performed hundreds of breast augmentations in North Carolina for patients who are seeking a breast enhancement that looks like it actually is a natural part of their body, I have developed some fairly strong opinions about this operation.
When considering breast augmentation surgery, I believe that the most important question for a prospective patient to ask themselves is this: Am I seeking a natural-appearing result? If the answer is yes, then seek out a surgeon who has the same aesthetic sensibility that you have (and appropriate training and experience). And insist on seeing `before and after' photos. A lot of them

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implants for Me?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you mentioned in your description,  making the right diagnosis and choosing the right operation will be even more important than breast implant size/profile selection. In my opinion, you will do better with breast  competition and lifting surgery; I do not think that it is likely that you will be pleased with the results of breast augmentation surgery done alone, in the long term.

When it comes to selection of the “best” breast implant size/profile to meet patient's goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Again, please make sure that you have the appropriate procedure performed (if any); otherwise, I would not be surprised if you will be undergoing additional breast surgery in the relatively near future.

High profile breast augmentation

What looks good to you may look bad to someone else! The important thing to realize is that 550cc is a big implant for your frame and will end up putting you in a DD or more breast size. In my opinion this would not be a stable long term result.  I agree with the general theme of most of the responding doctors that you need to identify your goals and understand the short term and long term outcomes. I my opinion a lift with smaller implants is the way to go. Please see a board certified surgeon.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Large implants and breast lifts.

Hello. 550 cc’s is a very large implant. It is hard to decide if you need a lift without a real consult, but judging by the pictures you have posted you would most likely look best with both a lift and an augmentation. I regularly do these two procedures at the same time. With a lift augmentation the excess skin is removed allowing the breast to be filled out and shaped with the use of a smaller implant. This is both safer and more natural looking. As far as pricing I can only speak for my practice, but larger implants do not cost any more than smaller ones.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

550 Cc's Good for Me?

Yes you can have the 550 cc only with the understanding you may need a secondary operation of a lifting. Fee range from $5,000 to $8,000. 

I don't think you'll need a lift with 550cc implants

550 cc implants on your small frame will likely obviate any need for a breast lift. You should be sure they are an appropriate size for your frame, though. See if you can find a surgeon in Ohio who uses Vectra 3D imaging--you'll see your "after" photos before you ever have the surgery!

Carmen Kavali, MD

550 Cc's Good for Me

Hopefully before your surgery you will be able to try on sizers and get an idea of how large those implants are. One concern I would have is the amount of breast tissue you already have that extends beyond the chest wall. This appearance,as well as the separation of the breasts will be more apparent with larger implants. 

As to the lift issue, the recommendation would come at consultation based on measurements and based on the position of the nipple and areolar as related to the breast fold, and neither of these can I tell based on this posting. 

Best advice I have is to find a plastic surgeon in whom you have confidence, and listen to the advice you get. When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Big breast implants or a breast lift?

I would suggest proceeding with the breast augmentation using a more conservative sized implant, allowing them to settle into position, and then consider whether or not you need a breast lift. You already have a thin skin envelope that will not effectively support a large breast implant well over time. The higher profile implant can help some with filling out the skin envelope. But in the end, you really should treat both of the issues that you are having. 1. loss of volume  and 2. loose skin. That will likely require 2 procedures, an augmentation and a skin removal procedure.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Implants vs. lift/implants

Great question and thank you for including photos. Beginning with the lift, in my opinion you will be better off combining a lift with the augmentation. It is true that you can always to the augmentation first and do the lift later, but there is no point in having a marginal result at the beginning. Choosing that large of an implant will magnify the need for the lift. If you think of the crease below your breast as being like the lower shelf, then you can imagine how high the implant will sit. Your breast tissue will appear to fall off the implant it would appear.

Regarding choosing size and profiles, you should communicate your desires to your surgeon. I almost never use high profile implants in augmentations. Not only is their shape very round and unnatural, but there is evidence that they put pressure against the chest wall and effectively "dent in" the rib cage. Your plastic surgeon should be able to look at your base diameter and help choose an appropriate size. Your long term result will be much better if you choose a smaller implant that will have less weight and therefore create less stress on your breast over time. This also translates into fewer corrective procedures in the future. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Implants and lift?

It looks like from your photos that you need a lift.  Implants will add volume but not lift the breasts.