500g Breast Reduction - What is a Good Estimate of Cup Size After? (photo)

I'm 35yrs 5'3" 215 lbs.I had a bra fitting before my consultation, and they told me I wear 40 DDD... I still have a little spillage out of the cups.Dr said he will be taking out 500g. No metion of lipo he hasn't metioned cup size after. I'm just happy to get some of this weight off, But I'm still curious as to what size I may end up.So my question is what is the best estimate size should I be after all is done

500g Breast Reduction - What is a Good Estimate of Cup Size After?

+2

Better to re discuss ALL your concerns and question with your chosen surgeon than over the internet. My guess is small D cup. 

500 gm reduction and size

+2

Bra cup size does not always match up to volume removed.  Usually a cup size is about 200-250cc's of tissue.

Estimated Cup Size After Breast Reduction

+2

The reality is that it is very hard to estimate a breast cup size after breast reduction. Based on the pictures, you have one breast that is larger than the other so most likely more than 500g will be removed from the larger one. Your best bet is to discuss the size you would like to have after surgery and ask your surgeon if it is possible. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Cup size after breast reduction

+2

Thank you for the question and the photos. Generally speaking, it is difficult to determine the exact cup size after breast reduction surgery. Your surgeon should be able to give you an idea based on how much breast tissue removed.  It is also important to address with your surgeon your concerns before surgery. 

Cup Size after Breast Reduction?

+2

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery. It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we performed.  
Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.
Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Many of my patients express the desire to reduce as much tissue as possible to improve/alleviate symptoms, while retaining as much tissue is necessary to remain “proportionate”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

500 g removed from DDD cup in Breast Reduction

+1

Removal of 500 g from each breast with a DDD cup may reduce the individual to a D or so.  This is greatly dependent on density, which changes with the amount of fat in the breast and the age of the patient.