What is This Bruised Lump Near Areola (Incision)?

I had a breast implant revision 3 weeks ago. Approximately one week ago I had pain in right breast....like a twisting knot kind of pain. Lasted about 5-10 mins. Coincidently I had a dr appt later that day. I explained the pain I was having and the dr said I probably had a muscle spasm. Now I have a lump that looks bruised, about an inch in diameter in the same spot where i had the pain. It's been there for a week. Any thoughts on what it is? hematoma? I go back to the doctor on Tuesday.

Lump on the breast after breast implant revision

+1

This is most likely a hematoma or fluid collection and will subside with time. If it persists, seek the advise of your revision breast augmentation surgeon.

“Bruised Lump" after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Based on your description of history, it is very likely that you are dealing with a fluid accumulation close to the incision line. Of course, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource for a precise diagnosis and advice after direct examination.

Swelling should resolve

+1

Without seeing a picture it is hard to say. My guess is that it might be a small collection of fluid. As long as it didn't get progressively larger it should be ok and resolve on its own. Your surgeon would be your best resource. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Bruised lump following breast augmentation.

+1

Thanks for your question.  Uncertain without seeing photos but it sounds like its a hematoma or a seroma (fluid collection).  Both should go away with time but I would check back in with your surgeon and make sure that they agree.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Bruised Lump after Breast Implant Revision

+1

The bruised lump after breast implant revision may be a fluid collection, small hematoma, bruise, or suture reaction or suture abscess.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bruised lump after breast revision surgery.

+1

Hard to say without a photo.  It could be a few things.  While it could be a muscle spasm, it very well could be a small hematoma.  Please call your plastic surgeon and have him/her take a look.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Hematoma?

+1

It could be a small hematoma but without an exam it is really difficult to say for sure. Best to see your surgeon.

Bruised lump near areola

+1

You should call your doctor but it does sound like you might have a small hematoma.  It might resolve on its own or might need needle aspiration if this is what you have.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS