What is This Bruised Lump Near Areola (Incision)?

I had a breast implant revision 3 weeks ago. Approximately one week ago I had pain in right breast....like a twisting knot kind of pain. Lasted about 5-10 mins. Coincidently I had a dr appt later that day. I explained the pain I was having and the dr said I probably had a muscle spasm. Now I have a lump that looks bruised, about an inch in diameter in the same spot where i had the pain. It's been there for a week. Any thoughts on what it is? hematoma? I go back to the doctor on Tuesday.

Lump on the breast after breast implant revision

This is most likely a hematoma or fluid collection and will subside with time. If it persists, seek the advise of your revision breast augmentation surgeon.

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

“Bruised Lump" after Breast Augmentation?

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Based on your description of history, it is very likely that you are dealing with a fluid accumulation close to the incision line. Of course, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource for a precise diagnosis and advice after direct examination.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Swelling should resolve

Without seeing a picture it is hard to say. My guess is that it might be a small collection of fluid. As long as it didn't get progressively larger it should be ok and resolve on its own. Your surgeon would be your best resource. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

3003 Bee Caves Road
Austin, TX 78746

Bruised lump following breast augmentation.

Thanks for your question.  Uncertain without seeing photos but it sounds like its a hematoma or a seroma (fluid collection).  Both should go away with time but I would check back in with your surgeon and make sure that they agree.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

10210 N 92nd St
Scottsdale, AZ 85258

Bruised Lump after Breast Implant Revision

The bruised lump after breast implant revision may be a fluid collection, small hematoma, bruise, or suture reaction or suture abscess.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Bruised lump after breast revision surgery.

Hard to say without a photo.  It could be a few things.  While it could be a muscle spasm, it very well could be a small hematoma.  Please call your plastic surgeon and have him/her take a look.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

9280 W. Sunset Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89148

It could be a small hematoma but without an exam it is really difficult to say for sure. Best to see your surgeon.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Bruised lump near areola

You should call your doctor but it does sound like you might have a small hematoma.  It might resolve on its own or might need needle aspiration if this is what you have.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

1135 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004