Bruised Hard Lump Near Incision (Areola) 2 Weeks Post Surgery? (photo)

I had a breast implant revision 3 weeks ago. 8-9 days ago I had pain in right breast....like a twisting knot kind of pain. Lasted about 5-10 mins. Coincidently I had a dr appt later that day. I explained the pain I was having and the dr said I probably had a muscle spasm. Now I have a hard lump that looks bruised, about an inch in diameter in the same spot where i had the pain. It's been there for 8-9 days. Any thoughts on what it is? I go back to the doctor on Tuesday.

“Hard Lump” after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Based on your description of history and photographs, it is very likely that you are dealing with a fluid accumulation close to the incision line. Of course, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource for a precise diagnosis and advice after direct examination.

Small bump is likely a hematoma

+1

I would agree that the bump is probably a small collection of blood. It appears to be stable and should resolve on its own. I usually have patients use warm compresses to try and expedite it. Check with your surgeon. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Bruised Hard Lump Near Incision

+1

I think you would be best off with an in person diagnosis. This looks like a hematoma, but your surgeon should see this, diagnosis it, and make a treatment plan. All the best

Lump Near Breast Augmentation Incision.

+1

Thanks for your question.  Sorry that you are having problems.  From your photos it looks like this is either a hematoma or a seroma.  Both should go away with just some time but I would check back in with your surgeon and make sure that they agree.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Bruised Lump after Breast Implant Revision

+1

The bruised lump after breast implant revision may be a fluid collection, small hematoma, bruise, or suture reaction or suture abscess.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bruised Hard Lump Near Incision (Areola) 2 Weeks Post Surgery?

+1

A hard lump with bruising early after surgery sounds like a small blood collection or hematoma. These sometimes need to be surgically evacuated, and sometimes they will liquify over about 10-14 days and can be drawn out with a needle. You should return to your doctor for his or her evaluation and treatment.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Lump under nipple after implants

+1

I think I answered this question when it was posted without a photo, but it could represent fluid or a small hematoma. Best to see your surgeon.

Bruising after Implant Revision

+1

It looks like a small hematoma (collection of blood), and should resolve without any problem.  However, show it to your surgeon, he will want to know and keep an eye on things.  Good Luck.

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon