How Often Can You Use a 30% Salicylic Peel?

I just started doing 30% salicylic peels at home and the results are really incredible. My pores are smaller, my acne scars are almost gone, my under eye wrinkles are smoothing. I am experiencing only very mild inflammation and a little bit of flaking. But I don't want to overdo it.

So I have a few questions: How often can I spot peel the acne scars? How often can I peel my whole face for uneven skin? How often can I peel under-eye wrinkles? Can I do it every day if I don't have any ill-effects?

Every 3-4 weeks

+1

If you are really seeing excellent results with a salicylic peel, I would recommend spot treating the acne scars once a week.  Then a series of peels would be the best for your entire face, spaced out about every 3-4 weeks.  I would recommend a total of 6 peels that close together.  Then after that you could move to maintenance treating every 6-8 weeks.

Be careful with frequency

+1
In my office, we allow patients to repeat peels about every month. If they are done more frequently, the skin may not be able to heal itself before the next treatment. As with any peel, there is also the risk of building up of inflammation that can lead to unintended complications.

Victoria W. Serralta, MD
Arlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Salicylic acid peel for acne and wrinkles

+1

A 30% salicylic acid peels work wonderful for acne, especially comedonal (black and white head type), minimizind acne scars and fine lines.  However, I strongly recommend you do not perform this at home and without supervision.  You could end up with some severe complications like hyperpigmentation or scarring.  There is a reason why these are supposed to be performed in a medical office.

Lisa Kates, MD
Annapolis Dermatologist

In my office, I do then every 3-4 weeks

+1

I cannot speak to the peel you are using specifically, but in my office, with a medical grade salicylic acid peel, I do them every 3-4 weeks. For best results, I use in conjunction with an individualized daily program. I do not recommend spot peels to scars.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

TCA peels shouldn't be done at home

+1

You are playing Russian roulette by doing your own TCA peel at home with no medical supervision.

These companies who are selling you the TCA (A MEDICATION) are commiting an illegal action. Recent cases of such companies have been prosecuted in Texas.