Will I Offend Surgeon if I Ask for Lipo Revision to Remove More Fat and Improve Contour? (photo)

My PS suggested he may need to do a little lipo over my belly button if time doesn't improve it. I don't want to offend him with the beautiful work he's done, but my wish would be to have more lipo on areas he's already done for better contours. Is this a normal request?

Liposuction and revisions

+2

Sometimes liposuction needs to be revised. Give it 6 months from surgery to allow for swelling to come down. Fees, etc.. should be discussed as well.

Additional Liposuction to Reshape Abdomen

+2

Have a discussion with your surgeon about the results and also your concerns. From the photo it is difficult to appreciate the after without the before for comparison. It does seem like there is room for additional lipo, but your surgeons success should be judge by comparing your pre to post op photos. Most surgeons are reasonable and want to make sure that their patients are happy. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Liposuction after a tummy tuck

+1

I am assuming based on your photo that you have had a tummy tuck.  Certainly liposuction of the upper abdomen can be a safe and effective procedure after a tummy tuck.  Liposuction can be done before, during or after a tummy tuck in the abdomen although doing it at the same time can limited the volume that can be removed and can change the technique used for the tummy tuck.

Depending on what was done and what was discussed with your plastic surgeon this can be a separate procedure entirely or a touch up of previous work.

I would recommend you discuss options with your PS.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon