Off-label Lumigan Vs. Lattise?

I saw that someone has been using off-label Lumigan for eye lash growth, does Lumigan act in a similar manner to Latisse?

Lumigan vs Latisse

+1

It works the same way and is the same medicine. That being said, I think insurance companies consider it fraud to get them to pay for it to grow your lashes. Sort of like getting the insurance company to pay for Viagra by saying you have pulmonary hypertension and need it to live. (Viagra was first used medically for that disease). Its not really honest.

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lumigan versus Latisse

+1

While these two products are pharmacologically identical, Latisse is packaged for use on the eyelids and Lumigan is not. Also, Lumigan costs every bit as much as Latisse, if not more, so I am not sure of the reasoning here.

Anthony J. Kameen, MD
Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Lumigan is no cost savings

+1

Yes, Lumigan will work. But why? It is at least as expensive, harder to get the dose just right, and would not give a better result.

Corey S. Maas, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon