Oddly Shaped Breasts with Dubble Bubble After Augmentation, What Should I Have Done? (photo)

About 1 year ago (I'm 21) I underwent a "donut" breast lift and had 400c saline implants placed under the muscle. The issue is, I am not happy with the appearance of my breasts. I find the shape odd, and am disappointed that the surgery didnt produced rounder, perkier breasts with more projection and cleavage. My right breast also has some "dubble bubble" going on. Would a revisional surgery (maybe with another lift) give me my desired results? What should I get done and what method? Thanks!

Breast Augementation - Oddly Shaped Breasts with Dubble Bubble After Augmentation, What Should I Have Done?

+1

Without being able to see before and after photos, and knowing exactly what was done, it is generally very difficult to make an assessment or judgment concerning the surgery.  That being said, my guess is that it would have been difficult, based on what Ithink you looked like pre-op, to achieve the results you show on the right.  Not that your own results are bad; on the contrary, I think you look good and it's probably a significant improvement over the way you looked before.  At this point, you could consider larger implants - I think that would help a lot of what appears to be what you're dissatisfied with.  Even then, I would not project the photo on the right as what your final appearance will be...but there's also no reason to hold that up as the expected end-result.  Larger implants should get you closer to what you want, and I think you can be comfortable with that.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Double bubble

+1

I would add to the above repsonses that I do not believe any surgeon can make your breasts look like the photo you are showing. That patient likely had small, perfectly round, A-cup breasts before her implants.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Oddly Shaped Breasts with Dubble Bubble After Aug, What Shld I Have Done? (photo)Answer:

+1

I think you probably did have a bit of a tubular presentation to your breasts before surgery and it appears you have fairly thick tissue and skin. In my patients that present with this, I recommend above the muscle to expand out the breast tissue, which it really needs, and helps avoid the double bubble…and it does require a fairly big implant but judging by what I think are your “ieal” pics, that shouldn’t be a problem. Remember, a donut lift really is a compromise operation & has its limits!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric breasts after breast augmentation

+1

I assume your photos were taken reflected from a mirror so the right side is your right side. Therefore your posted photos show asymmetric breasts with the right nipple further from the midline than the left, the right breast crease lower than the left and the implants lying as round masses low on the chest wall.

Without know what you started with (what were the breast crease levels and how asymmetric were you before surgery) or exactly what was done (how much skin was removed during the donut lift) it is impossible to know how to fix the current situation. I suspect the donut lift was not sufficient and you need a different pattern lift to achieve your desired goal. The right breast crease will also likely need readjusting.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Breast implant/lift revision

+1

This is unfortunately a difficult problem to correct, and I understand your disappointment.

My suggestion, if you indeed go for a revision, would be a bigger /higher profile implant in a slightly bigger and more medial pocket. Good luck.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

You will need to have pocket revision

+1

Your desired picture have confused some the surgeon . Your after picture show double bubble and this may be due to the pocket dissection. You had lift at the same time and the revision rate for the combined procedure can be 40-100% based on the different published reports. Bigger implants will make it worse.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

I want rounder, perkier breasts with more projection and cleavage.

+1

No explanation accompanies the submitted photos, but I see no "double bubble" in the right breast.  If the photo on the right is your after result, fantastic, no problem obvious, excellent result.  If the photo on the right is what you want but the photos on the left and center are what you have, then surgical revision is the only way to approach your goals.  The degree of cleavage, rotund shape, and projection you can achieve will be limited by the extreme lateral position of your nipple areola complexes and your low positioned elliptically shaped breasts.

Steve Laverson, MD

Augmenting the tuberous breast is a challenge

+1

It is unfortunate that you were apparently not made aware that you started with a probable tuberous breast deformity, one of the toughest starting points in breast augmentation and mastopexy.  You could likely never get the result you want because of this starting point, but it could have been better with wider, higher profile implants and more lifting.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Aesthetic augmentation in Tuberous breasts- there is a solution

+1

Your dissatisfaction with your breasts is due to a preexisting condition called 'tuberous breast deformity' and often refered to as tubular breasts.  The key to handling tuberous breast deformity is making the diagnosis and adjusting the plan to achieve specific goals :

1.) releasing the constricted and high inframmamary fold,

2.) adjusting the breasts to a proper wider base width and higher upper pole fullness

3.) reduccing the areola with a technique that minimizes scarring and provides support to prevent further areolar herniation.

There are many different described techniques to treat tuberous breasts but many of them lead to flat appearing breasts that are scar ridden.  THis is why I use a somewhat unique technique that takes advantage of the structural power of 'cold-subfascial augmentation' and a relatively new technique that allows reduction and strengthening of the areola without a scar taht stands out between the areola and breast.  Using these techniques I have delivered natural appearing teardrop breasts to patients in your situation.

The most important thing in your selection process of the next surgery is to Select a surgeon that recognizes this as tuberous breast deformity and has an understanding of the diagnoses and treatment combined with successful surgical experience.  I am strongly biased to the techniques that I use but the beauty of plastic surgery is that there can be  a lot of right ways.  Select a surgeon who understands and makes you feel comfortable!

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Breast augmentation revision

+1

There are options that can get you closer to what you would ideally want your breasts to look but it is also important to take into account that everyone's body and breasts are different and this will have some impact on your eventual result.

It looks like your implants are not big enough.  They appear to not be big enough in volume or width.  If you draw a border around your breasts in terms of where you would like the beast tissue to taper off you can get an idea of the width of the implant that you will need.  The implant can be placed under the muscle as in your first surgery but you appear to be a candidate for on top of the muscle as well.  On top of the muscle has the added benefit of not being limited by the muscle attachment.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD