Would It Be Odd to Buy Ur Surgeon a Gift to Say Thank You?

Is it okay to give ur surgeon a gift to say thank u if ur very pleased with their work?

Gifts for surgeons

+2

I think a small gesture is a very nice way to thank your doctor for the great care, and I know that I appreciate it very much when they do so. I certainly do not expect it. 

Gift for surgeon

+2

Patients often bring gifts after surgery in appreciation for a good experience. As long as it is not an inappropriate gift it would be appreciated very much. I know I appreciate it. Who wouldn't?

Richard Dale Reynolds, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

saying thank you to your surgeon

+2

No it would not be odd. It would be appreciated and thankfully received. One of my patients came in after surgery with gift cards to a specialty food store. A card was given to each member of the staff including the anesthetist and myself. Even now, years later we all remember that.

Aaron Stone, MD

Saying thanks to your plastic surgeon

+2

Actually, it would be a nice gesture to give him/her an appropriate gift plus one to the staff if you are very happy with your care.  Nobody minds a little affirmation once in a while.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS