Can an Oculoplastic Surgeon Perform an Double Eyelid Surgery?

I am considering an double eyelid surgery but I live in Belgium and can not go to a Asia for this procedure. I have found an oculoplastic surgeon who performs eyelid surgery and he says he can also perform double eyelid surgery but I have no idea how many procedures he has performed. He has about 10 years of experience. So I am wondering if he competent to do an double eyelid surgery based on his oculoplastic studies?

+2

Absolutely, they are extremely well qualified to do plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures of the eyelids.  Hope this helps.

Asian double eyelid surgery

+1

Afternoon Nahid14,

Bottom line, your surgeon should be able to show you the photo evidence of his or her work.  Many Facial Plastic and Oculoplastic surgeons can perform the procedure but not all know what you're really looking for and the anatomy as well as non-Asians.  It doesn't matter if the surgeon is Asian, just that the show consistent results and photo evidence of their experience.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Occuloplastic surgeon for Double eyelid

+1

An occuloplastic surgeon specializes in Eyelid surgery. Not all surgeons however  will have experience with the double eyelid procedure specifically depending on their client base. Experience is Key. Find a surgeon who performs this procedure regularly.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

In general yes

+1

In the US, the Oculoplastics training programs are overseen by the American Society of Ophthalmic and Reconstructive Surgery, ensuring extremely well trained surgeons in Oculofacial Cosmetic and Reconstructive surgery. As we do not know the extent of your surgeons training it is not possible for us to unconditionally support his training.
However, in general, Oculoplastic surgeons expertise lies in surgery of the eyelids, and double eyelid surgery falls into that arena.

You should ask your surgeons the very same questions you have posed in this post.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

Absolutely an oculoplastic surgeon is well trained in eyelid surgery. If you're concerned about specific experience with double eyelid procedures, you can ask how many cases the surgeon has performed and review some similar cases to evaluate whether you like that surgeon's results. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon