Ocularplastic Procedure?

I had lower lid skin removed , without my knowledge during a lower tarsel strip procedure by an Ocularplastic surgeon at Duke Uni. 2 years ago. My problem was dry eyes , nothing else! Removal of skin was never mentioned .He insisted this was quite simple ! One eye is smaller than the other , the lower lid on the right is raw and extremely red and no lashes will grow and my peripheral vision has been compromised ! Please recommend seasoned Ocularplastic S , on east coast , if possible !

Oculoplastic Specialists on the East Coast

+1

Many of the reconstructive specialists do tend to congregate at the more prestigious academic institutions.  You can always search the ASOPRS website for local doctors.

Recommendation for correction of lower eyelid surgery problems

+1

Sorry to hear that you had a problem with your surgery.  Hopefully the dry eye condition was improved.   There should be numerous surgeons in your area that are experienced with lower eyelid surgery.  If I had to recommend anyone in your immediate area it would be James Carraway in Norfolk, VA.  

Tarsal strip

+1

When a tarsal strip is performed, there is sometimes a  bit of redundant skin that needs to be excised. Could it be that this is what he is referring to?

In any case, for a second opinion, you could got the asoprs dot org and look for an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon near you.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Seasoned Ocular Plastic Surgeon

+1

Please go to The American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic  and Reconstructive Surgeons to find an ASOPRS member in your area for a complete evaluation.

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon