Is There Any Way Octomom Could Look Like This Without Surgery?

She claims to have achieved her new body through vigorous workouts alone, but the before picture makes that look almost impossible. Is she lying, or can a workout really do that much after 14 kids?

+5

RE: " Is There Any Way Octomom Could Look Like This Without Surgery?  She claims to have achieved her new body through vigorous workouts alone, but the before picture makes that look almost impossible. Is she lying, or can a workout really do that much after 14 kids?"

"We pay a person the compliment of acknowledging his superiority whenever we lie to them."
— Samuel Butler

There is no physical possibility in which a mortal woman can have multiple full tern pregnancies and bounced back to her "Before Babies" figure with vigorous exercise alone. (I do a large number of Mommy Makeover procedures and years ago had the opportunity of doing one on a lady who did 1,000 sit-ups a day! (Few people with the exception of elite athletes or military unites (Seals, Rangers etc) can do it and I doubt the Octomom could). My patient had the most beautiful and developed muscles BUT they were still separated from her pregnancies. Surgery took care of it.)

In this case we have a very sad human train wreck which many of us are slowing down to watch. Her doctor rightfully lost his medical license for implanting and allowing her to carry 8 babies to term and she will do anything to extend her moments of fame. The tabloid press, a well compensated and for now a silent surgeon along with Photoshop are all using as gullible public.

Flat Tummy after multiple Pregnancies = Tummy Tuck OR  Photoshop

Dr. Peter A Aldea

Obvious mommy makeover.

+3

Hi.

That is just impossible.  The photo is clearly altered, and even with photo shop, the round, fake looking breast implants are obvious.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Octomom photos may be mislabeled!

+3

Who says this is a "real" AFTER photo? Aside from having breast implants evident in the "supposed" AFTER photo, do you have ironclad proof of date-taken?

Even if she were somehow a "freak" of elasticity, most women will exhibit signs of skin laxity and abdominal wall stretching after 1 or more pregnancies. Bad for moms who work hard to exercise and stay fit, but good for plastic surgeons, as we offer the only REAL way to fix these problems--surgical tummy tuck and muscle plication!

Thanks for asking!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+3

Eventually some surgeon will fess up that he or she operated upon "octo mom" But until than lets allow her to have her belief she is the "only" person to achieve that perfect post multi pregnancy body without any surgery. 

Surgery vs Photoshop?

+3

It is not likely that after fourteen children someone would look that good, without plastic surgery or photo shop. The photo looks some what pixilated, which leads you to wonder how much the photo was altered, and how much surgery did she have, if any?

If it was all with work outs, I would love to know the name of her trainer!

Jon M. Grazer, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Impossible

+3
Looking at those pictures I can't help but wonder.... Plastic surgery? Photoshop? Both? Unfortunately the ugly truth is that diet and exercise will burn fat and tone muscle, but do very little for skin. So after a pregnancy like that I don't believe her skin has shrunk so much and her breasts grew so much. Bottom line: just because someone says so doesn't mean it is so. Sincerely, Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Octomom

+3

Your suspicions are well founded....it certainly looks to me like she may have had an abdominoplasty and breast surgery! 

People are funny - some never want to admit they've had some surgical "help".

Thomas Fiala, MD

Octomom makeover

+2

There is no way this is not a mommy makeover or photo shop picture. It appears that there is an abdominal scar around the belly button from a tummy tuck and the breasts clearly look augmented.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks are a give away

+1
At the very least there is a lot of photoshop going on - there is no way to get rid of the stretch marks you see in the photo on the left without cutting them out (as in a tummy tuck). The round look of her cleavage also suggests breast implants. Most likely she has had surgery to go with her vigorous workouts.

Grant Stevens, MD

Beware celebrity photos

+1

I'm not sure "Octomom" could look like this even WITH surgery, let alone without.  I'm not saying that I know this for sure, but this question points out a very important issue in today's society that bears mention.  I would venture to say that there are very few celebrity photos that make it to the mainstream these days without being retouched.  PhotoShop is a way better tool than any surgeon has at his disposal!  I have been around the modeling and photography industry quite a bit, and there are some photographers who simply balance light and shading, and there are others who take extreme artistic license and perform what amounts to structural remodeling.  This is important for us to note in this discussion because it speaks to what we can expect as realistic results following surgery and what is not reality.  I'm afraid that we have bred a society of people who are very self-conscious and chronically disappointed in themselves because they can't achieve the looks that they see in magazines or on the internet.  They are overlooking the technical sleight of hand which is very often employed.  Now, I don't know for a fact that Ms. Suliman's photo here is retouched, but it's kinda like the old adage of how do you know if a politician is lying?  His lips are moving . . . I would say the same thing about celebrity photos.  Just be a bit cynical, and admire them, but for expectations of reality, look at real pictures of real people who have no stake in making themselves famous with their looks, and just know that even if "Octomom's" picture here is for real, that is way, way, way out of the ordinary, and nobody should ever EXPECT to achieve those results.  Be kind to yourself.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD