Is There Any Way Octomom Could Look Like This Without Surgery?

She claims to have achieved her new body through vigorous workouts alone, but the before picture makes that look almost impossible. Is she lying, or can a workout really do that much after 14 kids?

+4

RE: " Is There Any Way Octomom Could Look Like This Without Surgery?  She claims to have achieved her new body through vigorous workouts alone, but the before picture makes that look almost impossible. Is she lying, or can a workout really do that much after 14 kids?"

"We pay a person the compliment of acknowledging his superiority whenever we lie to them."
— Samuel Butler

There is no physical possibility in which a mortal woman can have multiple full tern pregnancies and bounced back to her "Before Babies" figure with vigorous exercise alone. (I do a large number of Mommy Makeover procedures and years ago had the opportunity of doing one on a lady who did 1,000 sit-ups a day! (Few people with the exception of elite athletes or military unites (Seals, Rangers etc) can do it and I doubt the Octomom could). My patient had the most beautiful and developed muscles BUT they were still separated from her pregnancies. Surgery took care of it.)

In this case we have a very sad human train wreck which many of us are slowing down to watch. Her doctor rightfully lost his medical license for implanting and allowing her to carry 8 babies to term and she will do anything to extend her moments of fame. The tabloid press, a well compensated and for now a silent surgeon along with Photoshop are all using as gullible public.

Flat Tummy after multiple Pregnancies = Tummy Tuck OR  Photoshop

Dr. Peter A Aldea

Obvious mommy makeover.

+3

Hi.

That is just impossible.  The photo is clearly altered, and even with photo shop, the round, fake looking breast implants are obvious.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Octomom photos may be mislabeled!

+3

Who says this is a "real" AFTER photo? Aside from having breast implants evident in the "supposed" AFTER photo, do you have ironclad proof of date-taken?

Even if she were somehow a "freak" of elasticity, most women will exhibit signs of skin laxity and abdominal wall stretching after 1 or more pregnancies. Bad for moms who work hard to exercise and stay fit, but good for plastic surgeons, as we offer the only REAL way to fix these problems--surgical tummy tuck and muscle plication!

Thanks for asking!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+3

Eventually some surgeon will fess up that he or she operated upon "octo mom" But until than lets allow her to have her belief she is the "only" person to achieve that perfect post multi pregnancy body without any surgery. 

Surgery vs Photoshop?

+3

It is not likely that after fourteen children someone would look that good, without plastic surgery or photo shop. The photo looks some what pixilated, which leads you to wonder how much the photo was altered, and how much surgery did she have, if any?

If it was all with work outs, I would love to know the name of her trainer!

Jon M. Grazer, MD, MPH,FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Impossible

+3
Looking at those pictures I can't help but wonder.... Plastic surgery? Photoshop? Both? Unfortunately the ugly truth is that diet and exercise will burn fat and tone muscle, but do very little for skin. So after a pregnancy like that I don't believe her skin has shrunk so much and her breasts grew so much. Bottom line: just because someone says so doesn't mean it is so. Sincerely, Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Octomom

+3

Your suspicions are well founded....it certainly looks to me like she may have had an abdominoplasty and breast surgery! 

People are funny - some never want to admit they've had some surgical "help".

Thomas Fiala, MD

Octomom makeover

+2

There is no way this is not a mommy makeover or photo shop picture. It appears that there is an abdominal scar around the belly button from a tummy tuck and the breasts clearly look augmented.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Great improvements without surgery

+1
As surgeons we can never really discuss the surgery, or the absence of surgery from other. The ideal goal is for a person to have a beautiful imporvement without looking done.
To find a plastic surgeon with extraordinary credentials check out the video and web page. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Technology and fantasy.

+1
It's pure fantasy, to go from looking like the "before" image to the "after" without surgery or major photoshopping.  A question: who would want to look like that after image??  Obvious, round edge implants and an emaciated abdomen?  This patient is not the typical patient.  Most people are normal, and want normal, beautiful, natural results.  So, not only is this not a plausible before and after without the help of a team of surgeons and major photo technology, it's not even an after result most people would say is good.

Ritu Chopra, MD