Please Tell Me What is Wrong with my Implants? (photo)

I am now almost 5 weeks post op I had a lolli pop lift and 650cc implants. To me it seems like one implant is high and the other one one my left has bottomed out.

Wrong implant size, wrong procedure

+2

650 cc implants are huge. If a patient needs that much volume to fill the breast, then the patient needs a well-done breast lift alone or with a small implant (300-350 cc max). The big implants will ALWAYS give problem, sooner or later. In my practice I do more revisional breast surgeries than breast augmentations due to big implants placed by other surgeons. It looks like you have a capsular contracture on the right side, and it may even be a deflation (difficult to judge without examining). I don't think the lift did what it was suppose to. The breasts are still down, and areolas are too large. I would get them taken out while it is early. You will regret if you keep them.

Panama City Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry at at 5 weeks.

+1

Although many postings ask about asymmetry at early stages, which are common and usually not a harbinger of an unfavorable outcome, the amount of size difference here does need evaluation. Without additional views and some comparisons with pre-op photos, it is hard to give much in the way of useful advice other than to suggest a call and visit to your surgeon. A fluid collection of blood or serum may be the cause, and if so, treatment will be needed. 

Do call and set up an appointment for examination.

Thanks you for your question and for the posted photo. Best wishes. 

Breast Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

You have a great deal of bruising and skin change for 5 weeks, and your surgeon will want to see you.  The right implant will need to drop a little more.  At 5 weeks, this implant has a good chance to continue to drop.  Also, the degree of preoperative asymmetry would be helpful to know to predict final result.

Concerns About Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

The breast asymmetry that you are referring to is clearly visible in the photograph. What is causing the breast asymmetry is difficult to ascertain based on the single view photograph;  a difference in breast implant position is probably the most likely  explanation. Whether you have significant residual swelling and/or fluid accumulation may also explain the degree of breast asymmetry present.

Of course, your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise you after direct examination.

Asymmetry in Breasts.

+1

Hello Jonna,

thanks for your question and photo.

You have a size difference which may be the leading factor contributing to the shape difference.  The larger side is quite tight leading me to believe there may be a fluid collection of some sort, whether it be blood or serous fluid in that side.  Please visit your plastic surgeon to exam this issue.  If there is a fluid collection and this is removed, you may be much more symmetrical at that point.  It is hard to know without a physical examination.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breasts after lift and implants

+1

Thanks for the photo, but it is at an angle that we normally do not look at breasts,.  Better standard view photos would be ideal and better yet is an exam in person. Hard to say from the photo.  Looks like one implant is still a bit high. Hard  to say from photo if the other is too low.

Concerned about breast assymetry.

+1

Although it is difficult to tell with the low-resolution photograph, it appears to me that the left breasts larger than the right and there may be some discoloration that is sometimes seen with I hematoma, which is a collection of blood in the implant pocket and the surrounding tissues.  In any event, I suggest you call your plastic surgeon can be seen promptly.

In any event

George H. Landis, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Some asymmetry is apparent

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  It is apparent that you have some asymmetry between the breasts.  To determine what is the cause of the asymmetry an exam and evaluation of your breasts before surgery would be helpful.  There is both a volume difference as well as an implant position difference.  The volume difference will be a important issue to address since a hematoma or seroma will need to be addressed for proper healing to occur.  Once the volume difference is addressed the resulting shape difference if still present can also be addressed.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

The picture has a low resolution, but I certainly see the asymmetry you have mentioned.  I am more concerned, however, by what seems like bruising on the lower parts of your breasts.  I worry that there may be some skin changes (mottling?) too - again the poor quality picture makes it difficult to really see.  You should call your surgeon to discuss your concerns.  I suggest going in to see them as soon as possible.  You want to make sure there isn't a collection like a hematoma.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)