Can the Creases Be Revised (Raised) After Upper Bleph?

Hello, 30 y/F, full of regret after bilateral upper bleph (3mm skin removed) & left eye ptosis repair. Ptosis repair is fine. Upper bleph has left both creases too low, eyes look hooded / smaller. Some tissue was removed below the incisions, which were made a bit too low, especially medial half, where crease cuts down to the inner corners. Also, brow has very slightly relaxed. I am 1 yr/ post op. My surgeon said he might revise if it is safe. Any thoughts, is it safe / possible to correct?

Raising upper eyelid crease

+2

A photo or examination is needed for better assessment. Raising eyelid creases are generally possible, unlike the opposite. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaulation.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revised Crease

+1

Your situation is one that would e difficult to answer without an exam after results by a seasoned plastic surgeon or an oculoplastic surgeon

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Upper Lid revision blepharoplasty

+1

Dear Jenal,

Yes this result can most likely be improved upon.  I would suggest having a second opinion before moving forward with the same surgeon just to make sure you are all on the same page. Blepharoplasty is typically a very simple surgery and I always mark the eyelid prior to the surgery to help a more precise incision line to ensure  the proper millimeters of skin to be excised. A consultation and direct examination would be very helpful for proper diagnosis. I would be happy to see you in Newport Beach for a complimentary consultation and I will give you my honest and expert opinion.  Happy New Year! Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

A photo or better, an actual exam would be needed to answer your question.

+1

From what you have described, it should be possible to revise your upper eyelids.  Generally it is possible to raise a crease and very difficult to lower a crease.  The key is carefully tailored surgery for precisely you situation.  This means a detailed eyelid examination.  If the surgeon spends 3 minutes with you assessing your situation, you are probably in the wrong office.  Look for a surgeon who has aesthetic eyelid reconstruction as a big focus of their practice.  If you live in Orange County, you will need to travel to West Los Angeles or Beverly Hills for this sort of care.

+1

If following the upper eyelid surgery the brow has dropped, this may be an indication that too much upper eyelid skin was removed in your particular case.  When this happens, the brow drops as the incision in the upper eyelid is closed.  

If the upper eyelid incisions are too low and there is upper eyelid hooding...either too little upper eyelid skin was removed or the ptosis repair was unsuccessful causing the crease and eyelids to droop.

You should go back and see the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Upper Eyelid Surgery for further evaluation and recommendations.  

Upper eyelid surgery

+1

Dear Jenal,

• It sounds like your incisions can be revised
  • I would check with your surgeon first to see if they will revise it

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Blepharoplasty Revision

+1

Without pictures, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  If there is still extra skin, then you could possibly have a revision.  If the skin is already tight, then excising more will not help and may make things worse.  If you post before and after pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Revisions after upper eyelid surgery are unusual.

+1

Without a picture, it is difficult to be clear about what your problem is. Nevertheless, revisions to upper eyelid surgery although in common can be successfully performed. Make certain you and your surgeon has a specific goal in mind.

Revision after Ptosis Repair and Bilateral Upper Eyelid Surgery

+1

If you have residual skin laxity and the scars are low, then the surgery can likely be revised.  However, without any pictures, I would definitely recommend seeing your plastic surgeon.