Obstruction 4 Months Post Septoplasty?

I have had a septoplasty & turbinate reduction 100 days ago , I started noticing recently unilateral nasal obstruction (left). 1. Worst when lying on my left side. 2. better when using nasal spays (anti histamine, alpha blockers) 3. Better when walking around. my post op appointment exam showed a non dissolving septal stitch that was removed but everything else was OK. I need a second opinion , I am really bothered and I have stopped using all sprays about a month ago. Thank you

Obstruction 4 Months Post-Septoplasty

+1

A thorough physical exam of your nose is needed to diagnose what is causing the obstruction.  The septum and inferior turbinates only partially contribute to nasal obstruction.  The nasal valve is a term which defines the area within the nose that has the narrowest cross-sectional area.  It therefore provides the greatest resistance to nasal breathing.  It is a 3-dimensional area bordered by the septum, the inferior turbinate, and the sidewall of the nose.  The turbinate is easily addressed through a submucosal turbinate reduction.  However, the septum and the sidewall require more attention to the specific areas of the nasal valve affecting your breathing.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal obstruction after septoplasty

+1

I agree that it sounds like you could use a second opinion, but unfortunately when it comes to the septum the best way to obtain that is consulting with a physician that can do a proper examination of it.  Turbinates have a tendency to re-enlarge, so that could be the source of the nasal obstruction, as well as residual septal deviation, or mucosal edema, to name a few.