Obstructed Nostril and Tingly Sensations After a Blow to the Nose, What Can I do?

Hi, a few years ago i took a blow to the side of the nose (left). Ever since my left nostril has been obstructed, i also feel pressure and tingly sensation from time to time although my nose is not crooked. Just wanted to know what can be done about this, as it really affects my day to day life.Thanks

Nasal obstruction has numerous causes, just as many treatments

+1

Nasal obstruction has numerous causes, just as many treatments. Based on your description, it is possible that you suffered a fracture of the nasal bones or nasal septum. However, you would require an in person evaluation of the cause of your nasal obstruction and that would lead to a discussion of what can be done to improve your nasal breathing. Options range from observation (doing nothing), wearing breathe-right strips in the evening, nasal steroid sprays and surgery.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal obstruction after trauma

+1

The only way to properly evaluate your concerns is to perform an exam.  Obstruction can be caused by several things and a physical exam will help in figuring this out.  Good luck.

Obstructed nostril after blow to the nose.

+1

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately this is a question that can not be satisfactorily answered without a full nasal examination.  In order to answer your question you should seek a consultation with  ether a board certified ENT specialist (otolaryngologist) or a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck. 

Donald M. Brown.  M.D. F.A.C.S.

Board certified American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Board certified American Board of Otolaryngology.