Oblong Breast with Straight Incision and Underarm Swelling (photos)

I am about one month post augmentation. One side is fine.The other side is shaped oblong. I have pain/recurring swelling on side of breast & underarm (comes and goes), my nipple is lower though the breast looks like it has dropped more. The incision is also more of a flat line, with overlapping skin, while my other incision is beautiful. I'm a little worried the implant is somewhat displaced or I have done something to alter the surgical pocket. I have 350 HP under muscle, crease incision.

Breast Implant take time to

+1

One month is still very early for you to appreciate the final  outcome.  I would recommend massage and possibly a band that goes across the superior portion of your best.  If you are right handed it is not uncommon for it to take longer to "drop"  You should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. 

Oblong Breast with Straight Incision and Underarm Swelling

+1

Still very very early. I might try compression massages, external ultrasound therapy to help position the implants. 

Pseudoglandular ptosis after a breast augmentation

+1

You are still very early in your post operative recovery process.    It appears that you have a condition termed pseudoglandular ptosis.  This occurs when there is a loose skin envelope prior to surgery.  The implant when placed behind the muscle tends to stay in a high position and the breasts droops off of the implant.  Downward displacing exercises and bands can help.   If the condition does not resolve by 3 - 6 months you may need a minor revision or even a breast lift to correct the problem.  

One month after breast augmentation

+1

At one month things are still healing and the breast implants are settling down. You have to give it more time to heal, it may take 3-4 months for the implants to settle.

Oblong breast after augmentation

+1

With submuscular augmentation it can be rather easy to create a pocket high and uncentered as your implants are sitting high with a point of projection above the nipple. The implants may well 'settle' yet and a breast band may help. See your surgeon for advice.

IMPLANT POSITION

+1

Thanks for the photos.  It appears both implants are sitting high in relation to the breast mound.  At this point I would start aggressive exercise to help move the implants downward.  I am certain your physician is familiar with what you should do.  Check with your surgeon for a demonstration.  I would give this a try first before recommending surgery. 

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

+1

When you see this much fullness in the upper breast 4 weeks after surgery, you have to start wondering what the problem is. From the photos it appears the implants are not sitting behind the breast tissue as the lower part of the breast does not seem to have fullness from the implants. There can be several causes and an exam would be necessary to diagnose what is going on. But give it another 1-2 months and if not perfect by then you will need to consider a surgical correction to reposition the implants lower. Make sure, on the surgery you just had, that the lower edge of the muscle was full released all the way across the breast, as that is probably the most frequent cause of this late upper fullness.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Large breast implants after augmentation

+1

Do not worry about the incision, it is also early for the implants.  They do look large for your frame, but at one month hard to tell, continue to see your plastic surgeon

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants settling

+1

For one month post op , after sub-muscular breast augmentation , i see no real cause of concern in your pictures . The healing process  is different on each side of the body , but by 6 months when scars start maturing they should be very similar .

my advice is for now , not to worry too  much and let time do its best . 

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

Early post op asymmetry concerns

+1

It looks like neither implant has fully settled, and that is not unusual. As you don't identify which side is which, I am not even certain from the photos which it the one that bothers you.

It takes usually up to three months, sometimes a bit longer for the implants to settle. They are positioned under the pectoral muscles which are on stretch, and it takes time for these muscles to accommodate to the presence of the implants. Each of the muscles is different (in part due to handedness) and it is common to see the implants "drop" at different rates. 

Patience. Follow up with your surgeon. All the best.