Do you have to be an Obagi user to have the Blue Peel?

Obagi Prep prior to Blue Peel?

+1
The simple answer is no BUT who are you going to turn to and what products are you going to use when you have a problem?The skin responds to any injury including trauma, surgery, UV sun damage, needling, chemical peels (including a Blue Peel), etc. A healing response called inflammation begins the repair of broken cells, cut surfaces, foreign bodies and environmental damage by firming itself with the formation of collagen and protecting itself by producing an anti-oxidant called melanin (among many other reactions) .Without orderly regulation of the cells responding to the injury, side-effects of thickened scars, uneven pigmentation, greater oiliness and irritation can occur. This requires an expert in understanding when and on whom tretinoin or retinols, hydroquinone and non-hydroquinone medications will work. Preparation of the skin is essential to reduce such problems in anticipation of a therapeutic regimen. Thereafter, daily maintenance, continued repair, prevention and defense are recommended to further improve your investment; you and your skin! Real improvements have occurred in patients of all colors, ethnicities and ages compliant to the Principles of Skin Health! Those patients with acne vulgaris, acne rosecea, melasma of all kinds whether from pregnancy, hormonal changes or disease, scars, skin weathering and UV over-exposure causing benign and malignant skin tumors or dryness and sensitivity and many other cosmetic or skin diseases are improved or rejuvenated with Dr. Obagi‚Äôs ZO Skin Health. There is no other continually evolving brand of cosmetic and functional therapeutic agents in the world with the daily critical thinking that Dr. Obagi and his ZO Team of scientists, physicians and faculty put into the use of ZO products and treatment algorithms.
I hope you will find an experienced, caring and understanding physician who provides the armamentarium of skin restoration and revitalization you are looking for in the ZOSkinHealth website referral program. I wish you the best!

Using the Obagi System Before and After the Obagi Blue Peel - Buffalo Niagara

+1
It is not essential to use the Obagi system after the Obagi Blue Peel. There are retinoic based creams and creams that reduce hyperpigmentation that are extensively used in our practice to maintain that youthful look after the Obagi Blue Peel. 

We have a large Obagi Blue peel experience and I recommend that you watch 2 video clips that I have provided on our website - one video is that of a male patient who took daily pictures of his face after the Obagi peel and another is a physician who does the Obagi Blue peel on his aesthetician. 

If you are interested in getting an Obagi Blue peel, contact our office. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Do you have to be an Obagi user to have a Blue Peel?

+1
Using the Obagi system prior to having the Blue Peel will optimize your results.  Additionally, continuing with the Obagi system after the Blue Peel is beneficial.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon