Obagi, Retin-A and Facial Plastic Surgery?

I am scheduled for face, neck and eyelids surgery next Wednesday, February 10. Is it advisable to do the Obagi skin care program with Retin-A before and/or after? Also, what supplements are recommended?

Chemical peels, Retin-A and skin care before or after a face lift.

+1

Given your timing, it makes no sense to begin these treatments which will require prolonged and possible repeated applications. Therefore, I would wait a minimum of two weeks and possible up to 6 weeks depending on the status of your healing and the extensiveness of the procedures.

Face lift and skin care

+1

Face lift will improve on the aging of the face. It improves the deep wrinkles, jowles, nasolabial folds and neck. Improving on the skin to give ot a glow enhances the results of the rejuvenation. I advise patients to continue on the skin care, mainly Obaji, then do a chemical TCApeel at the end of the face lift. this will enhance the results.

Retin-A before FaceLift

+1

The full Obagi skin care line is wonderful and will add to the results of the scheduled procedures. However due to the initial skin reaction caused by Tretinoin products like Retin-A, it would be advisable to wait for two weeks after your surgery to start this particular product.

Lee Robinson, MD - RETIRED
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skin care with retin-a, etc. is better done after your surgery.

+1

You could have a reaction to any of the new products though unlikely. Therefore, I would wait until after your surgery to do the skin care treatments.