How Effective is Obagi Nu Derm on Acne?

I have been using Obagi nu-derm for almost 3 months now. I have noticed a smoother, tighter skin appearance, but the breakouts are still bad and I have been getting acne scars! What is going on and what do I do?

You Need Stronger Medications

+1

You probably are getting some tightening and smoothing from the Alpha-hyroxy acid in their product, the tretinoin they offer is definitely not enough anti-acne medication if you are scarring.

I sense that you are not seeing a dermatologist for your acne, since the Obagi system is meant for milder forms of acne. It seems to be more popular among spas and specialties with less experience in treating acne than dermatology.

A Retinoid, while indispensable for acne treatment, is only part of the pie. The Obagi Nu-Derm system lacks a good benzoyl peroxide ( their Clenziderm M.D. Serum gel cotains this, and is a good product but pricey). I feel this is needed, never mind the options of topical antibiotics, oral antibiotics, oral contraceptives, Aczone, etc.

If you are scarring, you need a more potent regimen.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist