Can I Use Obagi Blue Peel on my Back?

my obagi specialist advised me to use first obagiclear then wait 3 minutes then apply a combination of obagi blender,exfoderm forte and complex A mix in my hand and apply morning and evening on my severly pigmented back for one week before she will do the blue peel ,now my back is too much red and peeling please what should I do? stop and do the blue peel or continue with the creams only and forget about the blue peel???

Melapeel vs. Blue Peel for back acne

+1

I would offer a milder peel such as a MelaPeel or TCA/RET peel at a lower percentage for the back. The Blue Peel is not necessary for back acne. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Obagi Blue peel to back

+1

Most definitely, you can have the Obagi Blue Peel to the back.  It is true that one does less layers here, but the results should still be outstanding!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blue Peel safe for back

+1

The Obagi Blue Peel can be safely performed on the back as well as the chest and arms to help pigmentation problems.  Fewer peel layers are applied to the back because of increased scarring risk.  While the peel area needs to pretreated with products such as Obagi Clear (hydrquinone), too much irritation should be avoided as this can lead to poor peel results.

Louise H. Stewart, MD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Obagi blue peels for the back

+1

Trichloroacetic acid peels such as the Obagi blue peel have to be done extremely carefully on the back due to the risk of scarring. Please make sure you have an extremely experienced physician before having this procedure done.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon