What Kind of Improvement Can I Expect with Fat Transfer and Do You Recommend the Brava System?

I'm 5'6'' and 133lbs. My breast size is 34b.

Fat grafting can work great

+1

Fat grafting can work great in the right person.  If you are looking for a modest augmentation and have mild laxity to the skin then you might be ideal.  The results can be excellent and implant associated complications can be avoided.  

If trying to augment a significant amount then you will be looking at multiple procedures in order to ensure the most possible fat survives.   The Bravia system may work well here but is something that takes a lot of commitment on your part.  For that reason many surgeons have not embraced it.  Oftentimes a traditional augmentation would still be a better choice. Implants can be very soft and if chosen appropriately can be very natural looking.

Regardless, you should have a very candid conversation about the pros and cons of fat grafting to the breast with your surgeon.

BRAVA with AFT

+1

I do believe that BRAVA with fat transfer works. I think it is a very specific patient population that can benefit from it.

On average you can get between 250-300ml augmentation. That's about 1 cup size up. Also, you must have an adequate amount of fat to harvest.

The compliance of wearing the device for 4 weeks is really important, so you have to commit. 

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Fat transfer for breast augmentation and BRAVA

+1

Brava is a system to perform tissue expansion and is thought to improve the "take" of fat. In general, it is difficult to predict the take. Some say abouit 60% of injected fat survives. 

What to expect from fat transfer

+1

Studies show that the Brava system will expand the skin envelope and volume and improve the result when compared to fat grafting alone. Fat grafting will increase the breast size about one half cup without, and perhaps by one full cup with the Brava. The process is a burden for many, and there are fat donor site issues, so you should temper your expectation and have courage to see it through.

Fat grafting is another option for breast enhancement

+1

I been doing fat grafting for more that 7 years and it does work. The main question is if your are a good candidate. The questions are 1)what is your expectations 2) how much breast tissue you have  3) how fat do you have to donate.

Brava is indicated in patients with tight skin and you should use it for 4 weeks. Please check my web site for examples. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer for breast augmentation

+1
I do not recommend either procedure. The Brava doesn't do much and most patients aren't fully compliant with the instructions. Fat transfer to the breasts is in its infancy, in my opinion, can result in differential augmentation requiring correction, cause necrosis and create anomalies with respect to mammography. Conventional breast augmentation, either with silicone or saline implants, is a tried and true procedure. I would encourage you to discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast Enlargement with BRAVA and Fat Grafts

+1

Depending on how much fat a person has to use for a fat transfer, typical improvements in breast size are about 200 to 300 cc and up to 350 cc with the BRAVA system. Although, the results are less predictable than with implants, the long term improvement can leave a very natural result. It may be possible to go from a 34B to a 34C after fat grafting but unlikely to achieve a D cup.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon