Tattoo Removal or Fastest Option to Rid Myself of This?

I recently (11/14/12) got a finger tattoo on impulse. The tattoo is much larger than requested. covers my entire index finger 1 1/2 inches (poss).The tattoo was clear once received but after 3 days appears smeared and looks disgusting. What would be the best option, how long would the procedure take? Any surgeons in the bay area (san francisco?). Need this off today.

Laser Tattoo Removal is the Best Option

+1

I understand that you want the tattoo gone immediately, but I do not recommend tattoo excision. Laser tattoo removal is the best option to remove the tattoo with minimal to no scarring. It can take several sessions but our patients are always happy they went with the laser method. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist in your area to get more information. “Dr. D”

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal Surgery?

+1

No matter how quickly a patient wanted a tattoo removed, we would never recommend to have it surgically removed.  We have seen too many of these cases where the results look much worse than the original tattoo.  

Depending on the quality of the tattoo, it may take 3, 6 or 12 months to have it removed.  Living with a scar from cutting it out is something that would last a lifetime.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Laser tattoo removal is the gold standard

+1

Laser tattoo removal is the gold standard to get rid of a tattoo but it takes several treatments! If the tattoo is small enough, it can be cut out but that depends on the size and area. However, it is the only way to immediately get rid of a tattoo. Be careful of other treatment options as they can be risky. I would recommend you see a board certified dermatologist with expertise in lasers.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon