I don't know if I need a tummy tuck, I really don't want to but what do you think??

I know if wanted better results of a flatter tummy, go for it..

+3

The tummy tuck would be able to address loose skin and tighten the abdominal wall.  

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Tummy tuck

+2

You are one of those situations where either lipo or a full tummy tuck will help, but the tummy tuck will give you a much better result.  The down side of the tummy tuck is that it is a more involved procedure requiring a long incision, but it will give you the better result.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Options for a flatter tummy.

+2

A tummy tuck will best address any loose skin and stretched abdominal muscles you may have.  Liposuction alone will help remove the excess fat but won't improve the loose skin and/or muscle tone.  Remember, good diet and an exercise program concentrating on the abdominal muscles is the best place to start when trying to achieve a flatter tummy.  If you are not able to achieve your goals through non-surgical methods then you may want to consider either a tummy tuck and/or liposuction.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience with both tummy tucks and liposuction.  Best wishes. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction first tummy tuck later if you need it

+2

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I agree with others that you need an in person consultation to make a proper decision.

From your photograph you may be satisfied with laser liposuction which not only removed fat but helps tighten the skin.  He certainly can benefit from the SlimLipo laser liposuction procedure which may be all that you need.  If you have loose skin after 6 months post liposuction then a tummy tuck could be done.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

"Do I Need a Tummy Tuck?"

+2
Thank you for your question.  Your photos do not show enough of your andomen to give you dependable advice, but you could have a slimmer waistline, tighter muscles and tighter skin with an abdominoplasty.  You may want that change, rather than "need" it.  You can learn more with an in
person consultation. 
Good luck.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Tummy tuck options?

+2
There are a variety of surgical procedures or combinations that can produce good
results in patients with abdominal laxity, depending on multiple factors including their anatomy and degree of desired improvement: A mini tummy tuck, an umbilical float modified tummy tuck, a full abdominoplasty. Each of these can be performed with or without liposuction and with or without abdominal muscle repair. They produce different degrees of improvement. Only you can decide if you will be happy undergoing the procedure.

No matter which procedure that you decide to undergo, it is advisable that you should wait until you are finished having children.

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and
ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Personal consultation needed to decide about tummy tuck

+2
In order to determine whether your skin tone is elastic enough to retract smoothly after liposuction, an in-person evaluation is needed. Occasionally we see photos showing such a significant degree of excess skin that it is obvious that a tummy tuck is the best choice, but there is no way to tell in every case. See a plastic surgeon who does both tummy tucks and liposuction so you can get an opinion based on experience, expertise, and your specific considerations.

Richard Baxter, MD

I don't know if I need a tummy tuck

+2
No one is in "need" of a Tummy Tuck. Cosmetic surgery is designed to improve an area on the body that is bothering us. Looking at your pictures, you would be a terrific candidate for a Tummy Tuck. You could also do liposuction however it wouldn't give you the same FLAT tummy as a Tummy Tuck. 

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

You're in luck...you don't need a tummy tuck!

+2
Based on the photos, you don't have as much excess skin as you think. I see mostly excess fat and this will be best treated with liposuction. After performing liposuction, your skin will tighten on its own. No need for a long abdominoplasty scar in your case.
You can check pricing for this procedure in my San Francisco office by following my web link below. After clicking on that link, click on our Pricing tab and scroll down to "Liposuction of the Abdomen and Flank." Add that procedure to your wishlist and you'll be presented the total cost estimate of the procedure in my accredited in-office OR. You can also book your appointment online! Best of luck.

Jonathan Kaplan, MD, MPH

+2

The tummy tuck operation is not necessarily a “need”;  in your case, based on the photographs ( assume your goals are to achieve a “flatter tummy”),  then the tummy tuck operation would be your best option. Best to achieve a long-term stable weight, if you are not already there, prior to proceeding with this operation.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.