I am 30 yrs old, 5'3" and 110lbs - what size implants should I get?

I have spent most of my life as a 32/34 D/DD. While breastfeeding my children I was between a 34 F->H. I am now done having children and breastfeeding so I would like to regain the youthful breasts I once had. I am currently between a 32/34 C/D, probably closer to a C than a D. I am looking at getting submuscular silicone implants. I do want nice full breasts similar to what I had pre-kids but I am afraid that they will be too big and end up looking super fake.

Breast enhancement

+2

Your photos are helpful. You are a good candidate for volume enhancement without needing a lift procedure, as your nipple areolas are at the appropriate levels.  Most breast implant work is done with biodimensional measurements today, and you should discuss this with your surgeon to attain the most natural shape and contours.  Fat transfer is becoming a popular method for volume enhancement, but this method can only bring you up a half to one cup size.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

What Size Implants Should I Get?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Unfortunately, online consultants are not in a position to provide you with precise enough advice. Also, consider the possibility of requiring a breast lift to achieve best results.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or "super fake" or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Maximize projection with simultaneous lift

+2

If you are currently a 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  From this, you can calculate what size implant you will need to get you to the size you desire.  However, your photographs show your breasts have bottomed out, have excess skin and are too low on your chest wall.  You would benefit from a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, implants can be placed.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Small silicone gel implants look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.  This technique will give you the most natural look and avoids over enlargement by using the appropriate size implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Breast sizing

+1

Hi there

Thank you for your kind question. 'What size?' is always the big question we are asked as surgeons. Ultimately the sizing decision is down to the patient and I actively talk through this with them. Using the rice bag trick or implant sizers in bra tops can be very useful and you will find your operating surgeon will be helpful. Good luck!

Paul Banwell

Paul Banwell, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

What Size Implants Should I Get?

+1

Good question to ask, but it should be asked of an examining surgeon in the office. Expressions like "too big" and "fake" rarely mean the same thing to two different patients or doctors. 

Trying on implants during the consultation will be a good guide to help your surgeon choose the right size and shape for you. Be prepared to discuss the possibility of excising some excess skin from the lower pole of the breast, especially if you choose a large implant.

All the best.