Is this the right implant for me?

I'm having a BA in 3 weeks. My doctor has recommended 210-240cc low profile silicon placed subglandular. I'm wanting a natural look but at the same, a big improvement from my current 34 A/B cup. I'm 5'8, 115 lbs. breast base width is 13cm, sternal notch to nipple 20cm, nipple to crease 5cm. Dr has commented I have a narrow thorax and little subcutaneous fat. My breasts have deflated following breast feeding 4 children, but have no drooping.

Breast Implants

+1

My advice is to meet again with your surgeon and make sure to show him what your aesthetic goal is, based on the information provided this may be too small of an implant and I have concerns with subglandular with above description.

Is this the right implant for me?

+1

Given that your surgery is coming up in the near future, I would suggest that you spend more time communicating your goals with your plastic surgeon. Of concern, in your description, is that you plan to have the breast implants placed in the sub glandular position even though you have “little subcutaneous fat”; in my opinion, this approach may lead you with an increased risk of breast implant rippling/palpability (compared to breast implants placed in the sub muscular position). Please make sure that you are well informed about the different options available and the potential pros/cons associated with each option.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural look but big improvement”  or “B or C cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link,  dedicated to petite patients) help.