When is a Chin Implant No Longer at Risk for Shifting?

I had a chin implant surgery 3 weeks ago and was wondering at what point is the implant no longer at risk for shifting, with the exception of direct blunt force. I am just a regular girl, not a boxer. Basically when can I get a facial or wash my face with regular pressure as I seem to be breaking out on my chin since I've been careful when washing over it, but as dumb as it sounds I am afraid to pop any pimples directly on my chin for risk of moving the implant.

Chin Implant displacement risk

+1

Anytime after 6 weeks there is little danger of displacement without direct trauma. NEVER POP PIMPLES on your face especially near the implant as it can caused a delayed infection. Chin implants are secured by placement inside a well-fitted pocket and anchoring it to surrounding tissue so it doesn't move. I also use a permanent stitch  to hold it in the midline position for silicone implants and for Medpore implants  a scew is used.The incision is then closed, and in 30 to 45 minutes the procedure is done, unless the patient has requested other procedures as well.

Chin implant shifting post op

+1

At this point after surgery, you have almost no risk of shifting the implant with the activities you describe...be careful of massage face cradles or any prolonged direct pressure and you should be ok.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

+1

In my opinion all Chin Implants should be placed directly on the bone and not within the tissues above.  This helps stabilize the implant which typically occurs at 1 month post-op.  I do however, recommend that all my Cheek Implant, Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty patients sleep on an airline pillow for that firts month to prevent shifting.

Chin implant

+1

It is unlikely for you to have significant movement of your chin at this point without undue pressure.  Depending on the type of implant the pocket should be secure.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Chin Implants

+1

In my practice 3 weeks after chin implant you are completely healed. There might be some swelling but the implant is stable