Do I Need an Upper Blepharoplasty Revision? (photo)

I am one year post upper eyelid surgery and still see assymetry between both eyes. One eye has more eyelid showing when eyes are open. The surgeon does not see any issues or imperfections, however I do. I wonder though if it is not as apparent to others as it is to me. Would professional opinion agree that I should seek out a new surgeon to remedy the assymetry? I have included pre surgery and post 1 year photos. Thank you for your feedback.

Revision Blepharoplasty is more difficult than a Primary Blepharoplasty

+2

I think the results are very good.

I had to look carefully for the asymmetry and even then it is very minimal. You may be developing some weakness in the right upper lid and hence you notice the asymmetry. Revision Bleph is a hard operation and it will be hard to improve on the results that you have.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need an Upper Blepharoplasty Revision?

+2

This is certainly not a bad result.  Your original surgeon has the benefit of knowing the location of your crease.  The scar should rest within the crease.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of eyelid surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Asymmetric lids

+2

are a normal thing... your lower lids look great and I have more trouble discerning the results of your upper lids since the 3 photos you provided are all different.  Regardless, some asymmetry is normal and if your friends do not appreciate it, most people won't.  Now if they are commenting on how odd it looks, certainly that provides more incentive to pursue some kind of revision.

Curtis Wong, MD

Upper blepharoplasty revision

+1

From the photos you submitted, it appears that both eyelids are very close and I do not see a whole lot of disparity. Another way to tell would be to take measurements but most people who have eyelid surgery will have some disparity or discrepancy of a few milimeters between their eyelids in general.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Even with all the posted photos I recommend IN PERSON second opinions to determine if a secondary upper lid revision is indicated.