How to Get Rid of Sagging and Loss of Elasticity of Underarms?

Is there some nonsurgical way, like by lasers to get rid of underarm sagging, caused by loss of elasticity (I’m a middle aged woman)? I do Not want the surgery and scar. I’m fit and exercise. I have very little body fat. I’ve tried exilis and this does not seem to have done much. What would work more effectively to see a noticeable improvement (not surgery).

Arm contouring

+1

It is impossible to give you any recommendations without a physical exam.  If you have limited loose skin, you may be a candidate for liposuction treatment.

Loss of elasticity of underarms

+1

It is hard to give you a recommendation without direct examination or photos.  If you do have hanging skin, brachioplasty (arm lift) will give you a good contour.  However, it will have scar.  Depending on your need, the scar can be elbow to armpit or confined around the armpit.  If you have a mild laxity, liposuction/laser may help.  It will be best to be examined by a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Sagging Arms solution - Brachioplasty (Arm Lift surgery)

+1

How to Get Rid of Saggy Arm?
Without any photos, it is hard to give you the most accurate advice. The best way to remove underarm sagging would be to get plastic surgery, this is called a brachioplasty. There are different techniques depending on your needs each with different size incision scars. There are non-surgical options like arm exercises, but you will probably not be pleased with the slow and minimal results.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Get Rid of Sagging and Loss of Elasticity of Underarms?

+1

Generally speaking, “underarm sagging” can only be effectively treated with surgical excision. Other modalities such as liposuction surgery, laser surgery, thermage etc. will likely only waste your time/resources.

Sorry, I know this is not the answer you are looking for. However, make sure you exercise caution when you hear about a “miracle technology” that sounds too good to be true.

+1

Dear Citygrrl,

Thank you for your question.  For specific advise, we need to see photos.  In general, the only treatment that noticably tightens skin is surgery.  In some cases, the incisions can be contained to the arm pit area without extending down the inner arm.  You will be disappointed in non-surgical results.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

+1

Sorry, but nothing other than the surgical removal of the excess skin will do. All the rest will do is make your wallet lighter without any result. The surgery is easy and is done as an outpatient and is relatively painless.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

+1

For this area, if it's bad enough to seek treatment, only surgery will yield an improvement, but the tradeoff is surgery and scars, and it is not for everyone. 

+1

Unfortunately, without photos, we cannot tell what your best option is.  With mild laxity, you can sometimes do radio frequency treatments like thermage for example.  The cellulaze laser can also help tighten the skin somewhat.  If it is too severe, then surgery (brachioplasty), is the only option.

Rigo Mendoza, MD