How Would You Recommend Revising This Lift?- (I Want to Maintain Implants- Though Not at Their High, Uneven Level) (photo)

On 25 June, I had a "Mini Ultimate Breast Lift" (UBL) with an additional augmentation, using a submuscular, 185 cc silicone implant. Major issues: - uneven breast size- Left breast overall larger than the right. - sub muscular implants were placed in an uneven position- Right implant placed higher than left. - breast tissue has actually dropped since the surgery- to my pre surgery level. - the overall look is unnatural and unattractive

Breast Lift with implants Revision

+2

Sorry to say that you will need a revision. I can see why you are unhappy, as your results are suboptimal.  The problem is likely because your surgeon avoided an up-and-down incision in an attempt to give you a "scarless" surgery. As you can see, even if the scars are only around the areolas, they are certainly not scarless. You should do well with a revision that adds this vertical scar, while keeping your implants.  This would essentially give you the operation that you probably needed from the start - a lollipop or anchor incision. Make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast surgery. With the proper treatment, you should be able to get significant improvement.

Why vertical component or anchor incision is essential for best breast lift result in most cases of ptosis

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. I am very sorry that you went through breast lift and breast augmentation surgery and are so disappointed.

Your breast implants should drop and become lower with more time.

However a breast lift with a vertical limb or anchor breast lift may have been a better choice for your lift. While patients often request the periareolar or Benelli breast lift to avoid a vertical or anchor limb to the breast lift, all too often the periareolar approach does not successfully remove excess skin and lift the lower pole of the breast, which is what has happened in your case.

Fortunately if you need a revision it should be much easier than the surgery you have been through. A vertical limb and horizontal limb or ankle or incision can be added and excess breast skin removed hopefully without having to revise your breast implants or ear periareolar incision.

Wait 6 months to see if implants drop into the breast.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Difficult revision

+1

Thanks for your question and pics. I agree with others who have commented that you will need a revision. Your preoperative shape accounted for some of the problems you are having. Initially you had glandular ptosis which meant the majority of your breast tissue was in the lower pole. The nipple position was not really that low, but combined with a high and tight inframammary fold it looked low. I don't know if your muscle was completely released inferiorly but it looks like the implant is very high. At this point it probably won't come down much. I would recommend trying to lower the position and remove a wedge of skin inferiorly. This will convert the incision to a "lollipop" which should have been done in the first place. This is a difficult case. Make sure the person you choose to do the revision is confident.

M. Scott Haydon, MD

BREAST LIFT

+1

Interesting case, I see why you are un happy. You had pseudoptosis to start meaning your breasts appeared droopy but the nipple was high. I would suggest implant removal and allow the breasts to completely heal and see where you are. Too many moving parts I would start from the beginning

GOOD LUCK

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Revision breast lift

+1

I would wait a few months but you are probably going to need a revision. I am not sure if your implants will come down, but you need more of a lift than what you had.