SmartLipo for Face, Chin Implant? (photo)

Hi, If you look at the pics currently my jaw is like the one in the middle. I'd like to get it down to the left or the right (more extreme?) and I was wondering if I would need jaw reduction surgery for the left or if smart lipo and a chin implant could accomplish that. What is the down time for these surgeries and what would be the downtime for jaw reduction? thanks

Contouring The Lower Face and Jaw Likely Requires a Multi-faceted Approach

+1

Your photos are small and don't show the necessary views. Unfortunately, even if you had sent in great photos, you still need an in person consultation to answer your question. The answer depends on how all of your facial tissues (bone, muscle, fat, subcutaneous tissue, and skin) are coming together to cause the appearance you don't like. If it is a bony problem, then a chin implant or jaw reduction may help. If it is muscular then Botox may be the answer. If fat is the culprit then some liposuction may be beneficial. It is likely that all of these things are playing a role in which case a combination approach would give you the best result. Please make an appointment to see a surgeon with a lot of experience and expertise in the face and neck. Good luck.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Jawline Can Not Be Reduced By Lioposuctionh

+1

Whether you would benefit from a chin implant can not be determined from a frontal photograph only. What is certain is that no form of liposuction is going to narrow your jawline as you have illustrated. Whether bony jawline reduction is of benefit requires more photographic angles and some x-rays for proper evaluation.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin implant and lipo?

+1

Without a proper exam it is impossible to evaluate you for a chin implant and liposuction.  Good luck.

Chin implant facial liposuction

+1

It's impossible to give an opinion based on the photos was presented. Full frontal, three-quarter and side profile pictures are necessary to make an accurate recommendation. We do not recommend fat removal on the face only in the neck submental liposuction. A chin implant can be placed in the same incision underneath the  chin. Please review her website for further information

SmartLipo for Face, Chin Implant

+1

Unfortunately the photos are not adequate to answer your question. It takes a full face front and side view. It is certainly possible that the fullness is your masseter muscle and not fat at all in which case liposuction would be a complete waste of time. I would suggest you seek consultation so you can have a full exam and diagnosis of what is causing the look you don't like. ou will then be able to find out if your goals are realistic.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD