Is my midface length too long and will shortening my nose help? (Photo)

I don't know if it shows up well in the photos but my midface length has always drawn my attention in a mirror. Is it possible to shorten this length with a nose job or something?

Nasal length and midface height

+1
Nasal length should be about 2/3ds the midface height (from brow to ala).  You can do this analysis yourself.  If your nose is longer than this length, you may benefit from a shortening procedure.  Best wishes!

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Long face

+1
From the photo you seem to have a somewhat long, rectangular face.  I am sorry, but without examining you in person and evaluating your face from four angles it is really impossible to decide if a rhinoplasty will achieve what you want. 

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty will improve the appearance of your mid face

+1
From your photograph your nose appears to occupy a somewhat larger area of your mid face.From your photograph I believe a rhinoplasty to reduce the size and improve the shape of your nose will improve the appearance of your mid face.

Please choose your rhinoplasty surgeon very carefully.  Consult a board certified plastic surgeon and insist on seeing photographs of that surgeons own work and if possible speak to a previous patient.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Long midface

+1
Your midface is appearing long because of lack of prominence at the cheek bone level. The lack of strong cheek bones can bring down the fat closer to the lip and give the face an elongated appearance. Getting a filler such as Sculptra in your cheek bones will restore the midface. The nose is not doing much to affect the midface except for some nostril widening. An alarplasty can help with that but you don't need a full rhinoplasty. 
Regards
Dr J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Midface lenght

+1
This would best be evaluated with an in office exam and radiographs.  If the midface is too long, then an upper jaw surgery would only correct that problem.  Nasal surgery does not correct a long mid face.

Donald Nunn, MD