Droopy nose tip, would cutting the depressor septi muscle and/or fillers help? (photo)

I don't want to go through an actual rhinoplasty. Here are some befores/photoshopped afters:

Droopy nose tip, would cutting the depressor septi muscle and/or fillers help?

+1
The tip can only be addressed with rhinoplasty to produce results you desire.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty procedure for drooping tip

+1

The photo shop results shown are a full rhinoplasty, not just releasing the depressor septi  Ligament. The  depressor septi ligament depresses the tip only with animation not at rest.

Nasal Tip Droop

+1

The droopiness can be definitively corrected with surgery to release the muscle and elevate the tip.  If you choose to go the nonsurgical route, then you could consider Botox to relax the depressor muscle knowing that it is a very conservative option. 

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may be the only way to improve the appearance of your droopy nasal tip.

+1

Based on your profile nasal photos, rhinoplasty surgery may be the only way to elevate and support your droopy tip, and remove your profile hump. You do not appear to be a suitable candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty treatments.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Get the rhinoplasty

+1
Just cutting the muscles will alone not adequately improve the drooping tip.  I suggest you consider having a limited rhinoplasty by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1
Dear aerie kirstea,

You could probably realize some improvement in tip shape with a filler however the result may go away over time.  Cutting the depressor is a surgical procedure.  It can help prevent drooping but a tip rhinoplasty would more effectively eliminate the problem.  I would see an experienced nose surgeon to discuss pros and cons.

Richard A. Bartlett, MD
Brookline Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
I personally think that you need a rhinoplasty to correct your nasal drooping.  It is best to be seen in person to get a proper evaluation. I do not usually cut the depressor septi muscles to achieve this goal.